Nic Fanciulli - Work the Week

Would be great to find out how to recreate the filtered sound and funky bassline from Nic Fanciulli’s work the week!! I’ve been trying and failing for weeks!!

Nic Fanciulli 'Work The Week' - YouTube

I like. I have embeded the video below:

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=Nic Fanciulli 'Work The Week' - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

+1 !!! that’s the kinda house, techhouse I’d like to make! (in ableton)

cheers

+1, funky :smiley: love it.

+2 for me

Good stuff. Any of you guys got any ideas about how he might have went about it??? :slight_smile:

up for this one!

Not sure if we’ll get a tutorial… In the meantime, any forum members got any suggestions about how to recreate the general vibe from the track?

[quote]Scottwood (14/02/2011)[hr]Not sure if we’ll get a tutorial… In the meantime, any forum members got any suggestions about how to recreate the general vibe from the track?[/quote]

What is it that you are finding difficult?

…everything!! :slight_smile: struggling to recreate the bass sound. Also, Not sure whether it’s just filtered chords in the background or whether it is a sample??

[quote]Scottwood (15/02/2011)[hr]…everything!! :slight_smile: struggling to recreate the bass sound. Also, Not sure whether it’s just filtered chords in the background or whether it is a sample??[/quote]

Ok this is what I think but I could easily be wrong.

I think the bass is a simple sub bass that has another sound layered on top and I think that other sound is the filtered chord, I think they play the same or very similar pattern Then there is also a stab that plays between the 1st and 2nd beat of the bar. Other than that there is only the 2 types of Vox,the groaning noise, FX and drums.

It’s samples again… most of this stuff isn’t made from scratch so don’t worry about it.

[quote]Scottwood (14/02/2011)[hr]Not sure if we’ll get a tutorial… quote]

i hope we do. still no in depth tutorial of the funky techhouse style so let’s hope

+1

up! come on fellaz! a tut on this one is needed :slight_smile: