Not good subscriber loyalty/reward by Sonic Academy

HI Sonic Academy

I really don’t think it’s either fair nor good customer service/customer loyalty to only reward new subscribers! Why don’t you reward us who have been supporting you for years?

When You dish out discounts to new subscribers ONLY it makes us loyal customers feel forgotten!

I really think you should think seriously about this issue! It could lead to you losing loyal customers in the long run and I have a business degree myself and I know that getting customers to come back and buy again is much more important than gaining one new customer! And being a subscriber is just that, a customer coming back to buy again!

There are a lot of other sites that offer the same regards to learning, buying sample packs with discount etc as you do. One example is Ask audio. They are in the same price range, have a lot of courses, actually many many more than you so you are not wise if you treat your customers as if you have a monopoly on this service.

Please consider that every time you offer the new customer something, be sure to offer at least the same to existing customers, if not, believe me, you will lose in the long run. At least to those services that think long term customer service.

I hope you understand that I’m writing this because I really like your page and I have gotten a personal relationship to it so I am telling you this because I want to help!

Kindest Regards
Ole Dahl
(PhD in International Marketing @ University of Oslo/Norway) and of course a subscriber!!

Hi there @oledahl.oslo

Not really sure to get you right about some points you underlined in your post, especially those ones :

and[quote]
When You dish out discounts to new subscribers ONLY it makes us loyal customers feel forgotten!
[/quote]

There’s actually a fully functional system called Sonic Rewards which takes into account your subscription duration, so the longer you subscribe, the more reward points you earn. That way loyalty subscribers are insured to get more rewards than new ones in fact.

You can refer to this video to learn more about the Sonic Rewards, the second link will just put you right at the start point in the video where longer time subscription rewards is explained.

Feel free to explain what makes you feel that there’s a difference between new subscribers rewards and loyalty or longer time subscribers ones ?

Full video : Sonic Rewards - Earn Credits For Your Purchases - YouTube
Jump to subscription rewards : Sonic Rewards - Earn Credits For Your Purchases - YouTube