NuGaze Tutorial issues

Hey all, Im new to electronic music and just purchased the tutorial series for NuGaze in Ableton live.br
I am using Ableton 9.br
br
In the first video, he records the synth using a separate midi track that is going to a resampled audio track. Then he drags “Simpler” to the workspace and drags the recorded audio into the Simpler sample audio #119;indow.br
Then when he hits play, the Simpler plays the audio. This is not the case for me. Everytime I do EXACTLY what he does, the Audio track keeps playing. This makes it impossible to add the Chord effect he uses.br
Any help?br

[quote]tonyd927 (30/01/2015)[hr]Hey all, Im new to electronic music and just purchased the tutorial series for NuGaze in Ableton live.br
I am using Ableton 9.br
br
In the first video, he records the synth using a separate midi track that is going to a resampled audio track. Then he drags “Simpler” to the workspace and drags the recorded audio into the Simpler sample audio #119;indow.br
Then when he hits play, the Simpler plays the audio. This is not the case for me. Everytime I do EXACTLY what he does, the Audio track keeps playing. This makes it impossible to add the Chord effect he uses.br
Any help?br
[/quote]br
br
hi tonybr
br
dragging audio into the simpler sample window will make this simpler play the audio like an instrument - perhaps the start time of the sample you are adding needs adjusted?br