Olympus (WIP)

So me and my friend were baked as hell and turn on a dubstep pandora station pulling up to Taco Bell and just started freestyling to it. So we then get the idea to make a duo dubstep/hiphop group. I’ve only just recently started messing around in ableton. So I know there are tons of things I don’t know how to do but would love to know. So give me some feedback on what you think would benifit the song im trying to make. Also I would like to get a more original bass sound, I’ve heard resampling can get you some evil sounding stuff. But I have no idea what a reece or any of that stuff is. Anyways tell me what you think of this short thingy.

Olympus by TankedMetal

Check the dubstep tutorial if you havent already, it’s really good imo.

I think you could use alot more drum sounds and effects. Also a stronger “wah-wah” sound. Another thing you could do is to take a dubstep track and listen to it closely and try to hear the different cornerstones of the song to give you an idea!

I would use it but I don’t have Cubase, I don’t know why they don’t have a tutorial for dubstep in Ableton??

[quote]TankedMetal (03/11/2010)[hr]I would use it but I don’t have Cubase, I don’t know why they don’t have a tutorial for dubstep in Ableton??[/quote]

I did the whole tutorial in ableton, it takes a lil bit longer but it’s not hard at all!