Opinion on riffs

Something I was farting around with last night… not mixed at all yet… but looking for feedback as to if it’s got potential… Is anybody feeling it? Also, which riff sounds better after the build up? Thanks for the feedback!

Diggity - WIP by J.HiZ

You should really keep working on this i really like it…the only problems i had with it was the white noise , i think a burst of white noise with long delay (losing strength as it goes) would sound more proper as with me it intrudes with the highs of the bassline to my ears…Also if this were my tune id add some random glitchy bits with a new synth but not alot just a few to change it up a bit…I love the rhythm Definitely keep working in it and finish it :smiley:

[quote]Subject 1 (18/09/2011)[hr]You should really keep working on this i really like it…the only problems i had with it was the white noise , i think a burst of white noise with long delay (losing strength as it goes) would sound more proper as with me it intrudes with the highs of the bassline to my ears…Also if this were my tune id add some random glitchy bits with a new synth but not alot just a few to change it up a bit…I love the rhythm Definitely keep working in it and finish it :D[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Subject… Although it seems like no one else is really feeling it, i’ll finish it since you like it :smiley:

Which of the two riff variations worked better in your opinion?

Honestly i like both because it feels like a slow progression into an explosion :smiley:

Nice man!! You really need to finish ur stuff soon, i can’t wait

the sounding is very good for my ears, although i have a question: isn’t it mixed too much to the sides? maybe i would try to center it a little bit. :cool:

[quote]pazsin (20/09/2011)[hr]the sounding is very good for my ears, although i have a question: isn’t it mixed too much to the sides? maybe i would try to center it a little bit. :cool:[/quote]

Yeah thats what i thought too lol the drums sound like theyre panned to the left it was tripping me out

[quote]pazsin (20/09/2011)[hr]the sounding is very good for my ears, although i have a question: isn’t it mixed too much to the sides? maybe i would try to center it a little bit. :cool:[/quote]

yeah, it is pretty wide… thanks for the feedback!

[quote]wild_donkeyJR (20/09/2011)[hr]Nice man!! You really need to finish ur stuff soon, i can’t wait[/quote]

:smiley: I’m terrible at finishing tracks… the track in my preview is pretty much finished (sounds completely different than the preview mind you… haha!) but I was hoping to have someone try their hand at mastering it for me before ‘releasing’ it… Now that the winter time is around the corner, i’ll have more time to finish a bunch of these tracks i keep starting!

Both parts are great IMO, I did prefer the second one just a bit more though, had that tiny bit of extra energy!

Would love to see this completed…