Organic synth sounds?

I was under the influence the other day and thought, I wonder if it’s possible to take a recorded sound’s waveform and combine it with a synth to make it sound “organic” or “alive”. Like taking a sound of a lion roaring and combining it with a bassline to make the bass sound angry. I’m not a techy guy so I would have no idea how to do this.

[quote]TankedMetal (22/02/2011)[hr]I was under the influence the other day and thought, I wonder if it’s possible to take a recorded sound’s waveform and combine it with a synth to make it sound “organic” or “alive”. Like taking a sound of a lion roaring and combining it with a bassline to make the bass sound angry. I’m not a techy guy so I would have no idea how to do this.[/quote]

It’s nothing to be ashamed of Tanky. I do believe you’ll find one of your peers has already beat you to the idea on another post on this forum. Said forum member recommended recording the passing of wind from one’s posterior and using it to add a high frequency rasp not unlike a lion’s roar. I’m sure it’s a valid technique in a producer’s repertoire.

I think this is the nearest i know

[url]http://www.soniccharge.com/synplant[/url]

So you can record a fart and use that? lol. How do you do it though?

That Syn plant thing is awesome!!

plug a mic in, push record. fart. clean up any spillage. put fart into simpler or as audio on the arrangement view and adjust volume of fart with synth to taste. I believe it’s a technique known as layering.

[quote]slender (22/02/2011)[hr]I think this is the nearest i know

[url]http://www.soniccharge.com/synplant[/url][/quote]

I didn’t think synplant had a fart oscillator but i might be wrong.

Haha!

Seriously though… can you not record sh!t - Layer… or get rip waveforms out of the audio to use in a sampler?

Never did it myself - so really dont know… but I’ve always guess-umed that it is what mad audio scientists do in their Sound Labs.

Fck knows what they get up to in there.

[quote]lorddarthfader (22/02/2011)[hr]plug a mic in, push record. fart. clean up any spillage. put fart into simpler or as audio on the arrangement view and adjust volume of fart with synth to taste. I believe it’s a technique known as layering.[/quote]

I don’t want to layer, I want to combine, if possible of course.

OK I’m almost sure I found what I was looking for. The website that has Synplant has another VST called bitspeek, and it seems to do what I think i want. Sonic Charge - Bitspeek