OS sierra update?

Any one updated yet? I have had lots of problems with El capitan. So thinking about jumping straight in

things may have changed, but i would be cautious

I’m going for it early next week - will update you all if there are any problems. Didn’t have any with El Capitan mind you.

Ill wait for your feedback then before I update here is a topic i found on gearslutz if you want to check it out before you update Chris, list of plugins and gear with compatibility problems…

Wont be updating for a while yet -

Dear Chris,

As you may know, on September 20th, 2016, Apple released macOS 10.12 Sierra.

It’s important to note that UAD/Apollo software is not compatible with macOS Sierra. Therefore, we recommend that you do not install this OS update.

In November 2016, we will have a UAD software update that allows UAD-2 and Apollo hardware to operate under macOS Sierra.* However, full testing and qualification will not come until early 2017.

Please note that the current version of UAD software, UAD v8.7, is tested and compatible with other versions of Mac OS X, including 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 El Capitan.

For more information, please read the article posted in our Knowledge Base:

macOS 10.12 Sierra Compatibility Info

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

The UA Support Team

I read online that its not apples fault its the plugin developers fault? They are giving a chance to beta test it before its released or something. Is this true? I was putting the blame on apple… lol

Of course everyone gets a chance to test out and adapt their software to the BETA, but Apple shouldn’t really be breaking plugins with every update they put out either :slight_smile: