Out of Mind - Electronic/Drum and Bass

Hey everyone!br
br
Been a while since I was here. Just finished working on this new piece with my partner. Its and electronic, futuristic piece with a little drum and bass influence. br
br
We did a lot of work with vocoders and effects and had tons of fun finishing this project.br
br
Let me know what you guys think!br
br

I really like the tune a lot, epic, but I’m afraid I really dislike the vocoded voice over the top, think it ruins it, sounds a bit out of time in places to me.

Interesting! You are not the first one to bring up the vocal. It’s our first attempt at using vocoders, and although it was a ton of fun playing with it we can tell that our technique could use a little more refinement. br
br
We really like the effect, but we have had a lot of contrasting opinions about it. We definitely don’t want our vocals to turn off people from our songs! It’s something we need to toy around with a little more. br
br
Thanks for the comment!

Hi mate, br
br
The bare bones of this track are a good start, depending on what you’re going for I would: br
br

1. Get a nice Kick and snare combo, phat kick and snappy snare, make it something that will bop your head br
  2. Bassline, crunchy dirty gritty, maybe a few different sounds br
  3. Less vocoder, use a few words/phrases and make that a bit of a hook (single words or something like this) br
    Try some different sounds as some of these are classic and used to death (after mid way) go for the unknown crazy stuff and see what you get… br
    br
    -=D