Pads issue

bump

Have you done the benchmark test?

done mate :wink:

[quote]phoenixoftheflames (13/03/2012)[hr]done mate ;)[/quote]

thanks phoenix

there is definately something else at work there with your CPU

have you tried using an external sound card ?

I tried my mates one just to see and it brought it down to between 67% - 178%, although it does make a slight difference, not enough to carry on using strings and pads to the extent I would like, taking vintage off does make a difference, but doesn’t have the same sound effect again that I would like, but saying that CPU comes down to between 25%-84%

any other ideas?

EDIT: nothing else major is working in the background.

[quote]phoenixoftheflames (14/03/2012)[hr]I tried my mates one just to see and it brought it down to between 67% - 178%, although it does make a slight difference, not enough to carry on using strings and pads to the extent I would like, taking vintage off does make a difference, but doesn’t have the same sound effect again that I would like, but saying that CPU comes down to between 25%-84%

any other ideas?

EDIT: nothing else major is working in the background.[/quote]

the reason i ask about something else working in the background is due to the huge range of % usage you are having

the CPU benchmark shouldn’t waiver by anymore than maybe 5% - but your’s is moving by over 100% - which is odd.

the pads aren’t / filters / voices aren’t changing or moving so a 100% spike sounds like something more sinister

what driver are you using for your soundcard? when you tried the external card did you use its own driver?

There is definitely something not right there… you shouldn’t be getting those spikes… it should stay relatively stable within a few %.

On OSX 10.7.2 i was getting spikes caused by my wi-fi card.

Im wondering could it be something like that having an effect on your sound card?

Do you get random spikes when using other instruments?

@bryan the soundcard was on its own driver yes, it seemed to spike as bad due to the velocity of the echo from the notes overlapping to give the deeper effect, like i say, when its on 2 pole or 4 pole alone its fine doesn’t spike as high, but still high enough to cause concern.

@Phil no other instruments plugged in just the midi and no wi-fi card as it pc and wi-fi is wired for better connection.

its hard to explain without you guys seeing whats going on or without remote access

Would be happy to have a look with team viewer… See what’s going on.

yeah, that would be good, how do you do that, let me know what to do :wink:

[url=http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx]http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx[/url]

Get that and let me know a time tomorrow when you would be available.

I have downloaded it and installed it, I will be available from 8pm tomorrow UK time, this good for you?