Pads issue

when I select preview on pads and Stepping up, my cpu goes through the roof, it hits 127% to the point where it stutters and is unusable, the rest of the pads are also on the brink of unusable hitting on average between 60%-90%, when it goes over 90% it stutters, the rest of the presets seem fine.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I can’t use pads to the preview extent

its happening in strings aswell creamy strings and slow hybrid, creamy strings sent my CPU to exploding point at 191%.

os x 10.6 logic pro 9 32 bit system After installation ana 32 bit logic and cubase 5 gives out an error, at me such question-where is activation at ana?

[quote]scream-kd (27/02/2012)[hr]os x 10.6 logic pro 9 32 bit system After installation ana 32 bit logic and cubase 5 gives out an error, at me such question-where is activation at ana?[/quote]

hi

your activation license is located in your “My Account” Page - under "Downloads > Synths "

[quote]phoenixoftheflames (27/02/2012)[hr]when I select preview on pads and Stepping up, my cpu goes through the roof, it hits 127% to the point where it stutters and is unusable, the rest of the pads are also on the brink of unusable hitting on average between 60%-90%, when it goes over 90% it stutters, the rest of the presets seem fine.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I can’t use pads to the preview extent[/quote]

hi

this is due to their being no limit on the number of voices currently playing - we are looking to implement polyphony so you can select the number of voices that can play.

in the mean time - reducing the number of voices playing on your oscillator will bring the CPU down - try 4 voices.

also avoid the VINTAGE filters if your CPU cannot handle them as they are quite intense filters

reduced the voices to 4 and never brought the CPU down by much still the same, even when bring voices to 0 the previews hits between 95% and 101%

I download activation license, where it to put?

[quote]scream-kd (27/02/2012)[hr]I download activation license, where it to put?[/quote]

when you open ANA it will ask you to provide your license file - simply point the browser window that opens to it

can’t believe this, waited 2 months for this and now I can’t use strings or pads in my tracks as it blows my cpu way through the roof, playing ANA for one strings, 1 pad, 2 basslines and CPU is at between 163% and 191% and I haven’t even started the beats, I can play 5 sylenth slots at the same time with beats and CPU is only at 75%.

Not impressed at all!!!

I understand this might be teething problems as its new, but you taking peoples money for something that is of no use at these stages, this is not a minor blip, this is a major blip.

now I have to go and buy sylenth for stupid money to get me moving with my tracks because all the promise that this would be better than sylenth was complete rubbish.

[quote]phoenixoftheflames (27/02/2012)[hr]can’t believe this, waited 2 months for this and now I can’t use strings or pads in my tracks as it blows my cpu way through the roof, playing ANA for one strings, 1 pad, 2 basslines and CPU is at between 163% and 191% and I haven’t even started the beats, I can play 5 sylenth slots at the same time with beats and CPU is only at 75%.

Not impressed at all!!!

I understand this might be teething problems as its new, but you taking peoples money for something that is of no use at these stages, this is not a minor blip, this is a major blip.

now I have to go and buy sylenth for stupid money to get me moving with my tracks because all the promise that this would be better than sylenth was complete rubbish.[/quote]

Sorry to hear the issues you having

we have a run of bug fixes which will come as soon as we possibly can which should help stability and we also have points highlighted for optimisation of CPU.

the main reason you can play 5 Sylenths is most likely because the polyphony is low - ours can play a lot of voices without you knowing it, so this is something we are working on now.

although, saying that - your computer definately should not be at 75% even with 5 sylenths loaded! - what are your computer specs?

sorry for going off on one, just so frustrated as all I have heard for the past 2 month in my track is “thank you for trying this demo” with sylenth 1 as I was holding out for this.

anyway, My comp spec is:

Pc: 64 Bit

processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5 CPU 650@ 3.20 GHZ

Hard Drive: 1TB

Ram: 6GB

[quote]phoenixoftheflames (27/02/2012)[hr]sorry for going off on one, just so frustrated as all I have heard for the past 2 month in my track is “thank you for trying this demo” with sylenth 1 as I was holding out for this.

anyway, My comp spec is:

Pc: 64 Bit

processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5 CPU 650@ 3.20 GHZ

Hard Drive: 1TB

Ram: 6GB[/quote]

that is really strange

with that spec you should’nt be hitting 75% CPU with 5 sylenths playing - unless they are all playing maybe like 256 voices each.

that is also including drums and loops aswell, also I haven’t got an audio interface yet, but even if I had one of them, wouldn’t make that much a difference with the ANA issues.

Running a preview loop with Creamy Strings, I peak about 68% CPU. That’s super high, IMO, but nowhere near the level you’re seeing, Phoenix. I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 Ghz, so it’s comparable to your Intel CPU. I’d check for other processes in Task Manager. See if something else is stealing CPU cycles.

What sound card are you running? Are you using the ASIO4ALL driver?

Hopefully the polyphony limit that Bryan mentioned helps, but I’d have to admit that with ANA playing it’s the highest I’ve ever seen my CPU meter go while running Ableton Live. There may be more areas of optimization to look at besides polyphony.

EDIT: Just tried a little experiment. Had Creamy Strings going in preview mode, brought the tempo down to 30 BPM (still hovering at about 35 CPU), brought OSC 1 voices to 4, and then lowered OSC 2 to 0 voices and got a Severe Crash message from Live. Have never had that happen before.

Can’t seem to repro it, though. Just tried the same thing at 500 BPM with no issues. (Ha, CPU at 100+). Apologies, not trying to spread any ill will towards ANA, just reporting issues under extreme circumstances. General use seems fine apart from CPU utilization that is higher than I am accustomed to seeing.

you dont happen to have the crash report to you?

Ok, I have tried the following previews and the following alterations.

Pads: Stepping up, brought filters both down to 2 pole and osc voices to 4 and gives me the following CPU down to 87% and I’m able to play upto 8 keys without any disruption.

Strings: Creamy Strings, Brought filter 1 down to 2 pole and filter 2 down to 4 pole and ocs voices can remain at 8 and gives me the following CPU down to 93%, dropping osc voices to 4 only brings it down another 3% to 90% and I’m still able to play upto 8 keys without disruption.

I have tried an example of using 2 ANA tracks playing at the same time on the new settings above and and only 4 keys each and CPU has shot upto 175% and loads of diruption and un playable.

no crash reports available as it doesn’t crash, just stutters alot.

Yeah we are working on 2 major things…

i5/i7 optimization… seems the core 2 duo optimization doesn’t translate well to these newer chips.

faster filters with less mod sampling prob from every sample to every 32 samples.

This should help a lot.

after that we will continue with more optimization until we are 100% happy.

[quote]phil johnston (28/02/2012)[hr]you dont happen to have the crash report to you?[/quote]

The Ableton report? Sure do. I can send it to you this evening. How should I send it?

Email it to phil@sonicacademy.com

THanks!!

anymore on this?