Parallel sc

what parallel compression do?

and why is it used?

ps post a tut. if u kno of a good one.

cheers,

rick

you’ve put “parallel Sc” as the topic i’m guessing that by “sc” you mean sidechain.

sidchain and parallel are two different types of compression.

sidechain is usually used to duck one sound under another or for a pumping sound effect. this is achieved by sending a signal from one audio path to a compressors input on another and can be used on any sound you need to use it on. the most common use for SC compression is radio, when the radio speaks over a track the sidechain turns down the level of the track and when he stops talking the track will return to its original level.

parallel compression (also known as new york compression) is a technique used to improve or stabilize dynamic range in a track. its done by mixing a heavily compressed version of the audio with a uncompressed or lightly compressed version of the same audio, this usually adds audible detail to softer sounds with in the mix. its usually used on percussion, bass or mixdowns.

i think lol

[quote]jon_fisher (11/04/2010)[hr]you’ve put “parallel Sc” as the topic i’m guessing that by “sc” you mean sidechain.

sidchain and parallel are two different types of compression.

sidechain is usually used to duck one sound under another or for a pumping sound effect. this is achieved by sending a signal from one audio path to a compressors input on another and can be used on any sound you need to use it on. the most common use for SC compression is radio, when the radio speaks over a track the sidechain turns down the level of the track and when he stops talking the track will return to its original level.

parallel compression (also known as new york compression) is a technique used to improve or stabilize dynamic range in a track. its done by mixing a heavily compressed version of the audio with a uncompressed or lightly compressed version of the same audio, this usually adds audible detail to softer sounds with in the mix. its usually used on percussion, bass or mixdowns.

i think lol[/quote]

UTAH! 100% :smooooth:

hey thanks jon i actually forgot i wrote sc @ the top. lol i was tired and must have slipped my mind.

i did mean parallel compression.

but thanks u !

:cool:

check out the new techno tutorial there’s a whole chapter on it …:smiley: