Phil... a Sylenth God amongst men

Couple of quick ones

Just getting back to the OP

When these tech tips come about can you guys concentrate on the relationships of what your tweaking and why you apply what you do ie what the amp envelope is doing in relationship to the lfos etc why you do what you do as apposed to tweak a,b and c and walaa youve got an ‘insert name here’ sound. This would be more educational than a blind follow along.

Also would you recommend FM8 Im having a play with the demo atm but alot is locked out.

One last thing please record these live feeds. Im in Oz and cant sign in at 3 in the morn for a live broadcast, not on a work night anyway:)

many thanks

The live stream would be a fun idea - and I suppose you could just put the stream up for those folks who are not local - or even take requests from non european members before hand to kick the stream off

On a side note is there not a new tuturial up this week - gawd I might have to venture outside then :stuck_out_tongue:

Theres 4 vids in the tech tips section

[quote]phil johnston (24/04/2010)[hr]Theres 4 vids in the tech tips section[/quote]

thanks phil! brilliant tech tips

[quote]berwin9 (24/04/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (24/04/2010)[hr]Theres 4 vids in the tech tips section[/quote]

thanks phil! brilliant tech tips[/quote]

Oh missed those - thanks Phil and the rest of the crew :slight_smile:

nice one Phil:)

It’s funny… I was on the good path to get that sound by myself but I was missing the “click” part of the sound and the enveloppe on the triangle.

I still don’t understand much about enveloppes… when it’s a volume enveloppe, no problem at all. I know how to configure the settings (attack/decay/sustain/release) to get the desired result and most of the time, I know how it’s going to sound before pressing the note. But when it comes to configure an enveloppe for anything else like phase, cutoff, reso, … i’m lost ! :wink:

Oh well… I don’t know if that particular sound will be of any interest for the guys here… but you definitely made my day ! Thank you very much, Phil ! :stuck_out_tongue:

great stuff phil! any chance you could do a dubstep bassline vid?

im trying to nail something like this at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4D-hCO8Y2k&feature=related but not really getting very far

thanks in advance

hey phil

it would be nice to know

how to get such a clean nice bass: (jaytech)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZEGoMdnZYo]

Hi Phil,

Please could you share your knowledge and create a little “Tech-Tip” for us new breed of Techno heads, trying to make the new slower bpm techno bass,

“Chris Liebing, Speedy J, Tommy4Seven”

Check out this bass.

Chris Liebing Auf Und Ab

Really really hope you can do it…

Many thanks

Cush.

[quote]mussi81 (25/04/2010)[hr]great stuff phil! any chance you could do a dubstep bassline vid?

im trying to nail something like this at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4D-hCO8Y2k&feature=relatedbut not really getting very far

thanks in advance[/quote]

I am not sure how much of a difference it makes, but I know that Benga uses Albino 3, not Sylenth.

Hey Phil!

I know you probably feel bombarded with requests, so no rush!

I have been trying so hard to get this sound, but can’t get very close. Yeah, I can run some low distorted bass, but that just sounds like normal dubstep bass. This is has a little bit of a voice to it. Here are a couple tracks which depict what I am talking about:

By the way, I have been doing some of my own research and him found on some forum saying, “Well I usually make most of my stuff out of massive, I use alot of the Camel Audio stuff, some stock Logic plugins…” and "bounce out your bassline, and try diff types of distortion and filters and whatnot, also try deviding your bassline up into 3 parts, lows, mids, highs, that way you can have full control over each part of it "

Also, another guy said this: “what I’ve seen and heard from the other ‘datsik wobblez’ posts I think it’s mostly; distortion, bitcrushing, chorus, resampling, layering then resample again. and yes I always put the filter at the end of the fx chain.”