Phil - your constructive critisism of this one please?

Phil - your constructive criticism of this one please?br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F108294791”/iframe

Love the Groove… great cluby danceable stuff.br
br
It might be a very tiny bit bass heavy… i can really feel the sub pounding… might be ok tho… would prob need to try it in a club to see… but me gues iss you need to have a 6db lowcut from around 20-50 just to soften all that sub… maybe just on the bass track.br
br
You transitions could be a bit more inventive… you are introducing your stab sound with just a sweep up. you could be hipassing youre drums… doing a few chop edits adding a drum fill, resample the track try some supatrigga stuff… just something to take it away more and give you some drama and impact when stuff is happening.br
br
Same with the break… could be more interesting… maybe automate some reverb and delays… chop some stuff up with beatrepeat/supatrigga… just something different to whats already happening.

[quote]phil johnston (02/09/2013)[hr]Love the Groove… great cluby danceable stuff.br
br
It might be a very tiny bit bass heavy… i can really feel the sub pounding… might be ok tho… would prob need to try it in a club to see… but me gues iss you need to have a 6db lowcut from around 20-50 just to soften all that sub… maybe just on the bass track.br
br
You transitions could be a bit more inventive… you are introducing your stab sound with just a sweep up. you could be hipassing youre drums… doing a few chop edits adding a drum fill, resample the track try some supatrigga stuff… just something to take it away more and give you some drama and impact when stuff is happening.br
br
Same with the break… could be more interesting… maybe automate some reverb and delays… chop some stuff up with beatrepeat/supatrigga… just something different to whats already happening.[/quote]br
br
Thanks Phil, interesting what you said about the sub bass - i don’t have the best studio set-up here, so all i could do was have a listen on my studio speakers (Mackie 624’s -so not ideal for really low sub bass with just the 6 inch bass woofer), and then i listened on my friends KRK’s but they only have a 6 inch bass woofer too, and then the speakers we have in the lounge that are big, but not great quality.br
br
It sounded okay on all of them, so what did you listen on when you thought the sub bass might need cutting slightly - was it speakers with a 8 inch bass woofer or above, or headphones.br
br
Anyhow, how can i reference this sub bass more accurately? What would you recommend?br
br
Agree with the points about adding edits/variations though, i was just trying to get a decent arrangement done and also get the groove and bass end right first on this one, after what you said, i might go back and add in some edits, drum rolls, more automation etc once i am confident i have the groove and bass end mix right!

Im Listening On BM15s with 10" conebr
br
its maybe not a problem there just seemed to be more sub than im use to hearing… but im not listening to a lot of techno type stuff.