Pitch Envelope Bug

Have been delving deep into analysing the sub-end of kick synthesis, using Rob Papen’s Punch and your Kick plug-in.br
br
When I started creating very shallow pitch-sweeps (ie with a starting pitch under 1K), I noticed that Kick continued to have higher frequency content than I would have expected - confirmed both by listening, and with a frequency analyser. (And, yes, drive was at 0, and click turned off.)br
br
Eventually, I decided to see what would happen with a completely flat pitch curve - in this case 49 Hz. But with an entirely flat pitch, and no click, there is STILL a very noticeable sweep down from around 1 KHz - which, with longer envelope decay times, creates a highly audible tone.br
br
This seems awfully like a bug - and one which renders Kick somewhat unusable if you’re trying to create sub-tones with it.br
br
I’ve attached a screen-shot, showing the pitch analyser in the foreground, and the supposedly flat pitch envelope in Kick in the background. With higher ‘flat’ pitches - around 80 - the pitch sweep begins at more like 2 KHz. br
br
I’m using Cubase 8, with a Windows 7 machine.br
br
Any suggestions?br
br
Thanksbr
br
Owen

Okay, so I may have the answer to this. br
br
I get very similar behaviour with Punch, and my best guess is that the higher noise is more ‘glitch’ than ‘pitch’ - probably caused by the fast attack time. br
br
I likewise get a complete series of overtones when using sustained pitches and slower attack times, which I assume relates to the sine generator/sample used by the sub generator?br
br
Would be nice to have this verified, though.

Yeah its the fast attack creating a momentary high frequencey. Ill have a look about the overtones… Could be the drive still interacting.

Blimey, talk about 24/7 tech support!br
br
I’ll be firing up the studio again in an hour or so, and will double-check that all Drive, etc was turned off, and no other plug-ins were active. (Though I’m pretty sure, once the ‘anomaly’ was discovered, that I systematically switched off all the many filters, eqs, saturators etc.)br
br
Owen