Platinum Notes 3 Anyone happy users?

G`day Sonic Troopers.

Happy World Cup!

Anyone using the new Platinum Notes 3.

I am thinking of buying it, but I would like

a good review from someone who is using it.

Cheers!!

Moonbuggy

Hey Moonbuggy!

I’ve been using PN for the past 3 years now and I must say it is worth every penny!

Most tracks you buy from Beatport and the like are compressed and maximized over and over again to get them sounding louder, the so called loudness war: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ]The Loudness War - YouTube

PN uses state of the art algorithms to restore the clarity, warmth and punch of the music and drums (improved dynamics). This is the main reason I use it.

It also sets the volume of all your tracks to approx -13db, so no fiddling with the gain during your DJ sets!

After processing PN displays a waveform so you can visually see what it did to your music; see the image below:

I hope this helps,

Cheers

Cheers! Thank you very much for your time!

What does it do?

[quote]Subject 1 (22/06/2010)[hr]What does it do?[/quote]

This

[quote]d.jayme (22/06/2010)[hr]

PN uses state of the art algorithms to restore the clarity, warmth and punch of the music and drums (improved dynamics). This is the main reason I use it.

It also sets the volume of all your tracks to approx -13db, so no fiddling with the gain during your DJ sets!

[/quote]

I’ve C/P’d this from the website:

Drop in your files. Platinum Notes makes them acoustically perfect for any sound system.

South Beach, Miami - March 22, 2010 – Mixed In Key today introduced PLATINUM NOTES 3, a new audio

mastering tool for DJs. Developed by the creative team behind Mixed In Key software, PLATINUM NOTES 3 corrects

pitch, adjusts volume, improves dynamics and makes every file ready to be played anywhere – from an iPod to a

festival sound system.

PLATINUM NOTES 3 works as a batch-processing tool. It accepts MP3, WAV and AAC files as input, processes them,

and encodes the output to pristine-quality MP3 or WAV files. The latest version uses technologies licensed from

iZotope, Inc (makers of Ozone), zplane.development (makers of algorithms used in Mixed In Key) and Mixed In Key’s

own studio-grade filters.

The third version of PLATINUM NOTES introduces the following new features:

 Ability to customize how PLATINUM NOTES works

 Multi-core support for up to 16 cores for faster processing

 Audio waveform display to show the processing done for each song

 Improved ID3 tagging support

PLATINUM NOTES 3 offers an intuitive way to process an entire music collection and make it sound crisp and clean.

The audio technology in PLATINUM NOTES 3 ensures high audio quality while template customization allows the

customer to shape the sound.

I’ve been using it for 2 years and I love the job it does! If you use it religiously for every CD in your DJ bag, you’ll find yourself hardly ever touching the gain knob. It won’t make a bad quality track sound better but it will make your set sound a lot more even. It does a very subtle job but I wouldn’t want to be without it now!

oooo this looks interesting… I need get my hand on this… Cheers!