Please can somebody help with this?

Hi all,

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum - I wasn’t sure where to post.

Last night, I recorded a vocal for a house track I am working on. I am an ableton user and have constructed the track largely with this. In one section of the song, I have used an ableton synth preset to play a stabby melody. Using the modulation wheel on my midi keyboard, at the end of a particular section in the track, i bend the pitch of this synth sound downwards over a couple of bars.

Here is my issue. One section of the vocal is a long note, held for the duration of this pitch bend. I want to be able to chop this vocal up to follow the same arrangement and notes/pitch bend of the ableton synth - or at least bend the pitch of the vocal in the same proportions as the synth. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OF DOING THIS ? IF AT ALL POSSIBLE ?

One option i figured is to take the synth melody in to melodyne to establish the notes used in the pitch bend of the synth - and then map these notes to the vocal using a vocoder. I am sure there must be an easier way ???

Would be very grateful for your help on this!!!

Thanks in advance.

B

you could drop it in to simpler.

then you could use pitch bend

[quote]phil johnston (19/05/2010)[hr]you could drop it in to simpler.

then you could use pitch bend[/quote]

This ^^^

copy the envelope automation for the pitch bend in the synth, paste that to the audio transpose automation lane for the vocal. i havent tried that before but thats what id go for first

Yup - These Guys have it.

Any sort of sampler… Simpler w.Ableton.

Thanks guys . . .  Will get on the case tonight and will post results when the track is done! :slight_smile:

ok guys . . . Simpler worked a treat! Thanks for ur help . . . check out the second breakdown to hear the pitch bend in the tune :slight_smile:

http://soundcloud.com/bobbylickrish/lickrish-music-ft-gemma-jay-so-cold-work-in-progress