Please critique my second track ever! House/dance/electronica

Hey everybody…I finished my second track ever. I would completely welcome any and all feedback, particularly with respect to production and arrangement. If that entails vicious name-calling…so be it! I’m happy to be called a talentless wanker if it means making me a better artist.

[url]http://soundcloud.com/jame0123/wasted-mix-1[/url]

Couple little notes here…I don’t have a huge background in this type of music, but I’ve been working to gain an understanding. For the past 15 years, I’ve played guitar in a thrash metal band. I’m really enjoying working on this type of music because it’s so entirely different from what I’ve done in the past, and some of the knowledge I’ve cultivated through years in that genre ports over.

How music is classified in electronica/dance is still completely alien to me. I know a trance track when I hear it (and this isn’t one), but that’s about it. I’m guessing this is somewhere around hard house or techno, but I really don’t know.

On this particular track, I experimented with applying some parallel compression to some of the drums to give it a dirtier, edgier sound. I’m happy with how it turned out, but less was definitely more.

The lead that comes in at 0:58 is actually a high-quality chainsaw sample that I took a very small section of, cross-faded it and tuned it to pitch. That’s what gives it the ever so slight wobble and fizz.

I also took some of the feedback I got from my first track ( [url]http://soundcloud.com/jame0123/trails-mix-1[/url] ) and tried to apply it to this track. Primarily, I worked hard to adhere to less is more, particularly with swelling or background elements.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I really, really appreciate it.

Very funky, not really my style of music, I see where the thrash backround goes. As for as feedback goes, the kick sounds a bit weak and generic, maybe layer it with another clickier kick? Also the hats sound really harsh to me.