Please help new user question about vsts

Hi there,

I am a new user of Ableton

I am looking for some suggestions of some good VST synths can you suggest me a list of a few good ones please. preferably for trance and tech trance ?

Best regards

Many members here are into the Sylenth (it’s a good Virus like synth)

Here are a few of my favorites

MiniMoog

Moog Modular

Rob Papen Predator

DCam Synth Squad

NI Reaktor (you can download tons of user created synths from this one)

I Have IL SAWER wich is great for rough sounds and it sounds really good for Trance . but SA uses Sylenth wich i think it sounds awesome but dont have that nasty Filter like the Sawer does . ( actually the Sawer fails in Modulations since it have only 2 LFOS)but that just my opinion  :slight_smile:

For trancey ones you need Z3ta.

Sylenth is also very good.

if you are new to plug-ins the sylenth is the only answer, its easily the most simple full synth to get to grips with has a great filter and some of the best effects i’ve ever heard on a software synth.

once you have that synth nailed would be worth getting D.cam and or korg legacy.

Arturia synths are good i have all except one, these sound great and are really nice for deep bass sounds and simple deadmau5 style saws but they do get very cpu hungry with more complex patches.

Huge fan of Komplete 6 but i would say that these are for a more advanced user, get these to start on and you’ll possibly get into a habit of preset flicking.

Also remember any subtractive synth that comes with your DAW will be able to do tech trance. Alot of new producers think that there are synths & Daws for certain genres but it’s how you program etc

[quote]squeak2199 (09/03/2010)[hr]Also remember any subtractive synth that comes with your DAW will be able to do tech trance. Alot of new producers think that there are synths & Daws for certain genres but it’s how you program etc[/quote]

i Agree . you can create any patches for any genere in your own DAW SYNTH. so stick to one synth and learn to program it  till you make a complete track with that synth ! lol

thank you very much guys, appreciate all the suggestions… nice 1