Plugin for getting the levels right

I remember Avicii said in some interview that he got one from laidback luke I think. I have 24 channel track I try to get finished. But it seems impossible to get all the levels right. Always showing red!! Its driving the best out of me!

You want a plugin on the master or plugin for all 24 tracks?br
br
Have you tried compressing limiting the tracks that go into the red slightly?

Its somewhere in this video:br
iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“YouTube” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen/iframebr
br
He says about putting a limiter on the master whilst producing, to stop peaks and make a fuller sound.br
br
I personally do put a mastering limiter on the master, but leave it off and only turn it on for referencing every now and again. br
br
Fl studio puts one on the master from default which is the reason why productions often sound really fat and wide whilst using it, and probably why Avicii never liked it when its off as trust me, it makes a big difference in FL! br
br
I don’t think its a good habit though personally, but that’s because at my level I cant afford to get my tracks mastered properly like the big guys can!

[quote]xpa (20/03/2013)[hr]Its somewhere in this video:br
iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“YouTube” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen/iframebr
br
He says about putting a limiter on the master whilst producing, to stop peaks and make a fuller sound.br
br
I personally do put a mastering limiter on the master, but leave it off and only turn it on for referencing every now and again. br
br
Fl studio puts one on the master from default which is the reason why productions often sound really fat and wide whilst using it, and probably why Avicii never liked it when its off as trust me, it makes a big difference in FL! br
br
I don’t think its a good habit though personally, but that’s because at my level I cant afford to get my tracks mastered properly like the big guys can![/quote]br
br
It can really make a different when you are producing, i think it a matter of personal preference some people put all their mastering plugins on while they producing their track and tweek the master as they go. And some producers produce the track, then mix it down , then master it. you should just find the way thats suits you.br
I still havent found my yet :confused:

Hmm the only thing I find is that if I have it on the whole time, I become very lazy about placing sounds. Wheres as if I don’t use a limiter I look to mixing and EQing to get the volume up, which normally ends up with a better overall sound to the track when I do bring the master volume up with a limiter. br
br
But yeah as Lonewolf said, whatever you feel works for you is the route you should take!

Turn everything down? You shouldn’t be going over around -3 to -6db on the master channel. Turn all your faders down until there are no tracks clipping. Some of my channels are often at -20 and below.

Try out the pink noise tut herebr
br
Im pretty sure it was a tech tip by Tom Demac

A little late to the party but I watched that Avicii video a while back. If I remember correctly, the tip he mentions that he got from Laidback Luke was to use the free Kjaerhus plugins.br
br
He mentions them in this video if you’re curious.br
br
[url=http://youtu.be/BQSER4QsrPg?t=4m49s]Laidback Luke Studio - YouTube

Just pull all your faders down. You dont need to go anywhere near the red. You have 24bit audio when means you can now have far more headroom above the noise floor.br
Just pull everything down so the peak is at -6dB and the turn up your monitor volume if you want it louder. br
Believe your master engineer will thank you and the results will be amazing