Preview of electrowtfisitcalled

first go around with electro house… it’s not mixed quite yet but wanted to see if it was well received before finishing it.

other than the levels of the the riff, do the sounds flow at all? yay? nay? is the tempo too fast? and does it seem rushed at all?

any feedback would be awesome :slight_smile:

EDIT (7/27/11) Here is an updated version below!

Rainbow Final v2 (unmixed & mastered) by J.HiZ

Sounds like a great start to me. I think the tempo is just fine. I do feel like it is missing alittle bit of weight though, but I’m sure you’ll figure that out as you contiue to build on it.

Would like to hear it when it’s finished.

thanks man, the track you made from the glitch house tutorial inspired bits and pieces of this :slight_smile:

Sounds better than the other electo house muck that I hear - like the garage-y vocals in it…

thats what I think makes it sound cooler than the usual sh!te.

Keep up with it man - sounds fkn nice :smiley:

yeah i liked the melody. the main bass sound sounds weird though. i cant put my finger on it. dunno if its too much distortion or not enough… could just be me tho. i like it dirty :wink:

you could thicken that up pretty nicely with a pad and a sweet lead panned to the right or left.

[quote]UnitedVision (06/07/2011)[hr]yeah i liked the melody. the main bass sound sounds weird though. i cant put my finger on it. dunno if its too much distortion or not enough… could just be me tho. i like it dirty :wink:

you could thicken that up pretty nicely with a pad and a sweet lead panned to the right or left.[/quote]

Yeah the distortion seems to be enough to destroy the low end

[quote]J.HiZ (06/07/2011)[hr]thanks man, the track you made from the glitch house tutorial inspired bits and pieces of this :)[/quote]

Haha, awesome man.

Yeah, I’m still trying to work out all the kinks with mine as well. That’s why I haven’t put it up here yet. I don’t want to feed my baby to the sharks just yet. :smiley:

Are you going to stick with this genre?

I’m really loving it ATM.

Gotta too agree with ICN alot better than alot of electro I get spanned with

So I’ve made a few changes and thought I’d share the progress… Also, still working out the breakdown so that’s why it’s pretty thin right now. Also, working out some mixing issues too.

I have two version of the song (couldn’t decide which one I liked more so i made two! :w00t: ) that’s a bit less ‘dreamy’. I’ll be posting it soon to see which one people like better.

Would love to hear feedback or ideas as to some cool ways to add in a few transitions, fills, or anything feedback for that matter!

Rainbow Final v2 (unmixed & mastered) by J.HiZ

Youve definately got a unique style going on here, havent heard anything similair to it before personally.

Great stuff IMO, love the use of… well dont even know what it is but it sounds like vocal shots :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks man! Was kind of trying to go with those “wtf” sounds… i’d be interested to hear how the second version is received as it’s got some sounds I don’t even know how to describe… haha!

Really clean electro track. It’s missing bottom end of course. Will def give the finished one a listen.

[quote]jonsloan (28/07/2011)[hr]Really clean electro track. It’s missing bottom end of course. Will def give the finished one a listen.[/quote]

Thanks Jon… yeah I struggle with bottom end… my acoustics and working environment are terrible in my apartment. other things jump out at you?

i dig the new version dude. sounds really cool.

couple things…

the “awww yeah” preset is easily spotted… while not the end of the world. to some labels that is a big no-no… just because other producers will spot that in a second. you might wanna try throwing a vowel filter on top of it. and do some crazy automation. to give it the same effect but make it less recognizable.

the bass again. needs a bit of a boost. try adding a boost on a seperate eq that resides before the eq on the bass where you cut any frequencies… or maby boost the lowend gain on the EQ. see if that helps.

are you doing the whole split the bass up into 2 or 3 parts trick?

[quote]UnitedVision (28/07/2011)[hr]i dig the new version dude. sounds really cool.

couple things…

the “awww yeah” preset is easily spotted… while not the end of the world. to some labels that is a big no-no… just because other producers will spot that in a second. you might wanna try throwing a vowel filter on top of it. and do some crazy automation. to give it the same effect but make it less recognizable.

the bass again. needs a bit of a boost. try adding a boost on a seperate eq that resides before the eq on the bass where you cut any frequencies… or maby boost the lowend gain on the EQ. see if that helps.

are you doing the whole split the bass up into 2 or 3 parts trick?

[/quote]

yeah i got lazy and for the sake of finishing the track (which I NEVER do) i went to a preset. I have another version where I do change that sound. I may just take it from that version and incorporate it into this version.

In regards to this, I was curious to know how should i go about bouncing things to audio for mixdown? Every time I do bounce something, the waveforms are extremely low as it seems as though it’s taking the volume into consideration. Am I missing a step here?

where does the bass need a boost? This is where i really struggle… I’m using serial compressors on the main bass. is it lacking low end?

not too sure if this is the issue or not but the synths that make up my main bass riff are all routed to a “main bass” buss where they are compressed. Should my sub bass be routed as well? or should I leave it going to the master bus?

And lastly, you think this is label worthy? it honestly never crossed my mind to release anything i’ve ever made since it’s just something i do for fun… until now.:cool:

Thanks for the feedback!