Pro Tools AAX BETA

Hi Guysbr
br
we are trying out KICK in AAX for Pro Toolsbr
br
if you already own a copy of KICK and wish to take part in the BETA you can apply using the form attachedbr
br
iframe src=“KICK AAX BETA Application” width=“760” height=“500” frameborder=“0” marginheight=“0” marginwidth="0"Loading…/iframe

Honestly I’m probably the only person on this website who uses pro tools. Ive been looking for electronic producers who use pro tools for 2 years. They dont exist haha, I’m a loner.br
br
Either way, I’ve been waiting for kick to become AAX for a long time! I dont own it because I havent been able to use it yet. But just tell me what I have to do to get it. I have no problem paying for it when it becomes a full version, but do I really need to pre pay for a vst version to test it for you?

[quote]Honestly I’m probably the only person on this website who uses pro tools. [/quote]br
br
Nope. :wink:

[quote]DBK (14/02/2015)[hr]Honestly I’m probably the only person on this website who uses pro tools. Ive been looking for electronic producers who use pro tools for 2 years. They dont exist haha, I’m a loner.br
br
Either way, I’ve been waiting for kick to become AAX for a long time! I dont own it because I havent been able to use it yet. But just tell me what I have to do to get it. I have no problem paying for it when it becomes a full version, but do I really need to pre pay for a vst version to test it for you?[/quote]br
br
i’ve sent you a PM

[quote]DBK (14/02/2015)[hr]Honestly I’m probably the only person on this website who uses pro tools. Ive been looking for electronic producers who use pro tools for 2 years. They dont exist haha, I’m a loner.br
br
Either way, I’ve been waiting for kick to become AAX for a long time! I dont own it because I havent been able to use it yet. But just tell me what I have to do to get it. I have no problem paying for it when it becomes a full version, but do I really need to pre pay for a vst version to test it for you?[/quote]br
br
Same here… using Kick via Blue Cats PatchWork and would love to test this! :slight_smile:

Hey guys…New member and PT user. Just got KICK and been using patchwork. br
br
J

welcome guysbr
br
just fill in the form abovebr

bryan - just fyi - the link to the beta forum in your PM doesnt seem to be workingbr
br

[quote]chris_a (18/02/2015)[hr]bryan - just fyi - the link to the beta forum in your PM doesnt seem to be workingbr
br
[/quote]br
br
thanks for the heads up, does it work now

hmmm - still not working - i get this page:br
br
[could be my connection…I’m not an expert on such matters]br
br

br

[quote]chris_a (18/02/2015)[hr]hmmm - still not working - i get this page:br
br
[could be my connection…I’m not an expert on such matters]br
br
[/quote]br
br
looks like a linking errorbr
br
if you click " Forums" at the top, can you see at the very bottom - Back Stage - Kick Beta Tester Area?

working now :slight_smile:

I’m a bit behind the curve on testing - got caught up with a job for a few days. The link in the PM has expired. Can someone PM me with a working link…? br
br
Thanks br
br
Jack

Hi there!! Really enjoying the Kick plugin in ProTools!!!br
br
So far no glitches! But could it be that KICK has some influence on delay compensation in protools? Some tracks don’t seem to be time-aligned, this is the first session I’m using kick and didn’t experienced it before. but not knowing for sure if it is KICK that causes this.br
br
Best!br
Robert

[quote]RobertDorn (04/03/2015)[hr]Hi there!! Really enjoying the Kick plugin in ProTools!!!br
br
So far no glitches! But could it be that KICK has some influence on delay compensation in protools? Some tracks don’t seem to be time-aligned, this is the first session I’m using kick and didn’t experienced it before. but not knowing for sure if it is KICK that causes this.br
br
Best!br
Robert[/quote]br
br
br
hi guysbr
br
if you can keep the feedback in the BETA forums please.br
br
br
RE: delay compensation - it shouldn’t cause an issue. try removing KICK to see if it resolves itbr

hey ive been inactive from the forums for awhile but I just noticed the private messages. Ill get it up and running ASAP and let you know how it goes, thanks.br
br
Looks like the link you pmed me expired in february though.

Got a couple of things here on PT 11.3.1 Mac OS 10.9.3br
br
I sometimes lose both the preset itself, and the midi routing in PT when re-opening a session. Not sure if this is a PT thing or a KICK issue as I do have other instruments that do this. br
br
So a lot of the patches clip, and there’s no numbering on the level controls for sub and click. Am I missing a global output level somewhere? Whatever, it’d be useful to have some sort of feedback about how much you’re changing the level in dB. br
br
Equally the pitch envelope - If you set it to key follow you have to use a tuner to work out where it should wind up. It’s very hard to move the breakpoints in small increments and also hard to see when the line is flat. So it’s a bit hit and miss trying to get the A key to play a kick that ends up on an A note. This should be easy considering the genres this is aimed at. Anything we can do here? br
br
Thanks - Loving the sounds available despite this minor commentsbr
br
Jackbr

Also getting those output levels for sub and click resetting themselves when oversaving a user presetbr

br

[quote]br
So a lot of the patches clip, and there’s no numbering on the level controls for sub and click. Am I missing a global output level somewhere? Whatever, it’d be useful to have some sort of feedback about how much you’re changing the level in dB. br
[/quote]br
Some of the patches are intentionally driven into the built in limiter - we encourage you to use your ears rather than your eyes :)br

[quote]jackruston (07/04/2015)[hr]Also getting those output levels for sub and click resetting themselves when oversaving a user presetbr
[/quote]br
br
please try v1.1br
br