Problems with ABLETON Live Lessons

hello everyone,

Im a full paid subscriber of sonic dj academy for the last 6 months and I recently just purchased ableton live 8 and got my new gear all ready to start sitting down to learn abelton.As I started to watch the first video (Make Music with Ableton Live Intro)and loaded up the set.It wouldn’t work.I have been told its because the set with sounds and samples from your files and resources comes from an older version of ableton live.i would love any advice on how im able to get around this so I can start learning the art of ableton live…

Thanks in advance.

Rikidj

[quote]rikidj (27/05/2010)[hr]hello everyone,

Im a full paid subscriber of sonic dj academy for the last 6 months and I recently just purchased ableton live 8 and got my new gear all ready to start sitting down to learn abelton.As I started to watch the first video (Make Music with Ableton Live Intro)and loaded up the set.It wouldn’t work.I have been told its because the set with sounds and samples from your files and resources comes from an older version of ableton live.i would love any advice on how im able to get around this so I can start learning the art of ableton live…

Thanks in advance.

Rikidj

[/quote]

hi riki,

we have never experienced an issue such as this. as long as your copy of ableton is the most up to date, i think it is at 8.1.3 at the minute. then you should have no problems.

the sounds bundled with the course are all external sounds so none of them link to your ableton library, so this shouldn’t be an issue

can you tell me what version of live you are running

[quote]rikidj (27/05/2010)[hr]hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rikidj

[/quote]

I’ve just tried this to see if I have an issue. With the latest version of Live (that I installed a few weeks ago on a fresh disk in my mac) the projects files opened fine.

In the latest version of Live, Ableton did introduce a new file system that won’t work with older versions. However these files weren’t made with the latest version, so they should open fine. The only issue you would have if is you save a project to share with someone who isn’t as up to dat with their Live as you…