Problems with loading files with long names

I noticed that loading certain audio files as clicks in Kick (NR edition) will cause Logic X to freeze. After some troubleshooting I’ve managed to narrow the issue down to filenames. Names consisting only of more than 19 numbers, or names consisting only of more than 31 letters should cause crash upon loading. Might not be that clear-cut but you can try it out yourselves. I included a zip file with two files that should crash and another two that shouldn’t. br
br
My setup is as follows: br
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.5 GHz i7 (2014)br
Mac OS 10.9.4 Mavericksbr
Logic Pro X 10.0.7br
Kick (Nicky Romero Edition) 1.0.1br
Everything running in 64 bits.

I’m sorry, didn’t see the bug report section until now. There already seems to be a report thread there, so moderators, do what you will.

It’s been over 8 months since you said you’ll look into this problem. As far as I can tell, the issue has not even been recognized in the known bugs thread. At this point it would be polite at least to announce whether or not this will be ever fixed.

[quote]Julion (14/10/2014)[hr]It’s been over 8 months since you said you’ll look into this problem. As far as I can tell, the issue has not even been recognized in the known bugs thread. At this point it would be polite at least to announce whether or not this will be ever fixed.[/quote]br
br
Hi guysbr
sorry for the delay on updates with this - various reasons that this hasn’t been patched yet, but it has been fixed and is due in the next release which “should be” soon !br

[quote]bryan spence (15/10/2014)[hr][quote]Julion (14/10/2014)[hr]It’s been over 8 months since you said you’ll look into this problem. As far as I can tell, the issue has not even been recognized in the known bugs thread. At this point it would be polite at least to announce whether or not this will be ever fixed.[/quote]br
br
Hi guysbr
sorry for the delay on updates with this - various reasons that this hasn’t been patched yet, but it has been fixed and is due in the next release which “should be” soon !br
[/quote]br
Glad to hear that! br
br
Here’s a feature suggestion: Highpass filter on the click section would be nice.