Producer Factory

This service/website got some press a month or two ago, now it’s finally launched:br
br
br
br
Still not entirely sure whether it’s a joke or not though?br
br
I listened to the Techno track they are selling (for £780), and whilst the sound quality is good, the arrangement is all over the place.br
br
There is no way i would play this out in a club, never mind buy it for over £700!br
br
Anyone else got any thoughts on this website - it’s certainly an interesting development!

If it’s legit, I hope it fails miserably.

This is seriously a horrible ***** idea creatively and probably brilliant financially. WOW! I can see so many kids on this site forking out money to be cool. If this is where music is going to, then I have no words

crazy concept. /PPyou buy the music for the insane price and you can say it’s yours. WOW! :w00t:/PPghost writers for the masses. what is the world coming to?

"So don’t wait any longer if your dream is to become a well-known artist"br
br
If your dream is to become a well-known ‘artist’, how about actually making something creative. If you just buy someone elses work all you are is a consumer.

It doesn’t seem like Producer Factory is doing too well anyway, might not be long before they go out of business:br
br
[url=http://thinkingmansclubbing.com/2013/08/20/is-time-up-for-producer-factory-already/]http://thinkingmansclubbing.com/2013/08/20/is-time-up-for-producer-factory-already/[/url]

Do you guys feel the same way about bigger artists who buy tracks??

Well ghost producing is pretty lame whichever way you look at it.br
br
It just basically means that you care more about fame. fortune and money than you do about actually mastering a real skill that you can truly be proud of.br
br
But i don’t have a problem with it as such. There will always be people who want all the attention and everything that comes with it, rather than actually being the ‘real’ artist.br
br
But that’s their perogative and who am i to argue with it.br
br
Personally, i couldn’t live with myself if i took some other persons work ans passed it off as my own. But that’s just me, everyone is different and many people don’t feel the same way.

[quote]jamesXarnold (07/10/2013)[hr]Do you guys feel the same way about bigger artists who buy tracks??[/quote]br
br
and claim it as their own?br
br
yes feel the same waybr
br
as we all feel passionate about making our own style of edm it’s frustrating and down right cheap when you see such sites pop up.br
br
as someone mentioned before i bet there are kids buying these tracks and trying to pass it off as there own. which to me is kind of funny:D:D

I’m all for learning off other producers but just sitting there with someone talented, having minimal input in the track, then passing it off as your own is equally as bad as this site IMO.

You know, on this subject, i was at the gym last night, and they play really commercial radio stations, and the new track from Armin Van Buuren came on.br
br
What a prime example he is, of someone who just bangs out meaningless productions purely to try and increase his own personal fame, fortune and commercial marketability - rather than actually trying to build on the success he has had, by really pushing boundaries and trying to move dance music forward in innovative and exciting new ways!br
br
I mean, this latest track of his - it’s just commercial pop-trance by numbers. No real emotion, no real heart or soul in the track. Just pointless, boring, unoriginal crap.br
br
And to think this is the very same guy who thrilled and dance music world with a track like Communication back in 1998, when he was one of the main pioneers of that whole trance movement!br
br
What the hell does this guy think he’s doing now? Pathetic! We can only presume he is purely driven by money and greed, rather than any kind of artistic integrity!

Yep, I’ve no idea what to think of Armin any more, him and Ferry were 2 of my favourite DJs back in 99 and while I don’t particularly like Ferrys stuff any more, at least he’s trying to craft his own sound, not just churn out commercial pop.br
br
I knew Armin had turned for good when he did that track with Sophie Ellis Bexter a few years ago, they did a live PA in Amnesia and it was frankly embarrassing.

Bit off topic but talking of commercial crap, Tiesto was on Bloomberg TV earlier (it’s on in the office, I don’t just watch it at home) his net worth is €75mil!!

Crazy figures that are being banded around about Tiesto! But it’s probably true, i mean i hear they are getting almost half a million dollars per show in Vegas these days!br
br
But what i just can’t get to grips with, is that people like this already have way more money than they can ever spend, so if they chose to, they could just sit around most of the time working on music that might well end up being mind-blowing and really original and innovative. When you are rich, you don’t have to work, so you can spend so much time working on production and next-level DJ-ing, that you could end up being remembered as a true legendary pioneer who truly did something remarkable in the industry.br
br
But instead, these people choose to just keep on acting like a constant money-making machine, seemingly there only purpose to make as much money as possible!br
br
But think about what happens when they die! Instead of being remembered as a true legend who took their talent and skills onto the next level, what will they be remembered as now?..br
br
…an almightly cheeseball who sold out big time and ended up producing a string of pointless, formulaic records squarely targeted at pre-pubecent 13-year-old schoolkids, just for more money that they didn’t even need!br
br
I honestly think if i lived my life this way i would kill myself.br
br
I just wouldn’t want to leave that cheeseball legacy behind as the only thing that people will ever remember me for!

Very good points David and Jimmy very TRUE! br
br
Armin’s early universal religion stuff as well as his early state of trance stuff was the industry standard to new and amazing trance. br
br
you almost don’t want great producers that your listening to now to get to big just because of the temptation to sell out.

I’m thinking perhaps all that great production from the late 1990’s by people such as Armin and Ferry, was majorly ghost produced?br
br
I mean, if Armin’s latest track is the best that he can do, after a further 15 years or so of production experience - then i’m thinking maybe these boys had some SERIOUS help in the studio when they were releasing the tracks that made their names in the industry?br
br
Anyone know anything about this?br
br
Same goes for Ferry Corsten -if he had as much talent and expertise as we are lead to believe when he came out with hits such as Out of the Blue, then his music these days after a further 15 years practice should be quite simply mind-blowing.br
br
But it’s not. It’s just so very, very ordinary and formulaic!

I wonder how much a ghost producer makes off of a track…It must be worth it! Shame that they don’t get more credit then they do when they’re really such great producers.br
br
Have you guys heard of Maarten Vorwerk?? He’s been behind a couple tracks recently and is really a top notch producer but only seems to do ghost producing.

I’ve mentioned on here before that I spoke to Armin quite a bit back in the day and one of my still good friends was a good mate of Armins for a long while, to be fair to him from what he told us, he didn’t even use patches from synths cause he considered it cheating, let alone use a ghost producer.br
br
I guess nowadays he probably has a team of people around him, I know Tiesto has a couple of guys who work with him on tracks that get no credit (i forget where I read the article on this now)br
br
A prime example of a ghost producer is Dave Parkinson, he’s worked on stuff for half the 140bpm trance guys, he used to produce as under the guise Prime Mover but now all his stuff seems to be for other people, started off helping Simon Paterson, Greg Downey, Ehren stowers, no wonder a lot of it sounds the same…

Interesting, from what you have said then, i have massive respect for the ‘old’ Armin, but certainly not the ‘new’ Armin.br
br
The stuff he puts out under his name these days is pathetic.br
br
I guess fame and fortune just went to his head and he stopped caring about making really good music!