Producer Session Live

[quote]jpgetty2win (26/09/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (26/09/2010)[hr]Are the Freemasons starting to put out hip hop? If not, than Im pretty sure that Europe has much better EDM coming out of it then the US. And why would they talk about their friends and engineers teaching them things. That seems kinda stupid. I would think since they are English (Im assuming they are) they would learn from others around where they grew up, similar to the way we all do. Collaborate with friends and learn from one another. It was obviously a bit different back then with a lack of the internet and such, but I’m sure he brought that up too.[/quote]

he said he and his partner are getting work from the US for direct release in the US market. i “think” he was referring to the beyonce andrhianna remixes and the like theyve been doing. an example of the US music he was referring too was the black eyed peas boom boom pow track. he said if any of you can get a kick as great as that then youre a better man than him lol[/quote]

Also the Katie Perry - California Girls track :slight_smile:

[quote]jpgetty2win (26/09/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (26/09/2010)[hr][quote]jpgetty2win (26/09/2010)[hr]this is a good point howie, but the things that james from the freemasons was discussing was quite big info about getting tracks sounding ready for the american market. saying how they couldnt match the music coming out in the states and had to “up their game” getting their sound alot bigger and stronger. he showed us all how he does it. was eye opening and very informative. some excellent, was gonna say tips, but they were alot more than that. excellent techniques hes worked out and got off of his american producer friends and mastering engineers.

im extremely pleased i went. i cancelled a very inportant meeting yesterday to go and i also felt like carp with the flu, but was sooo worth it.[/quote]

What music that’s coming out of the states? What american producer friends would that be Mitch?[/quote]

dave dresden[/quote]

Very interesting…

One of the best computer/future music tutorials I’ve seen was with the Freemasons. The bald fella knows his stuff. The other guy just sort of sits there and doesn’t do much :slight_smile: (I’m sure he’s pretty good too)

Quite jealous you got to go to this event.

The ‘bald fella’ was James, he’s the one who did the talk at the producer sessions. He’s also the technical one out of the two which might explain why he did most the talking lol.

The other guy is Russell Small who was also behind Phats & Small.

[quote]bouffont (28/09/2010)[hr]One of the best computer/future music tutorials I’ve seen was with the Freemasons. The bald fella knows his stuff. The other guy just sort of sits there and doesn’t do much :slight_smile: (I’m sure he’s pretty good too)

Quite jealous you got to go to this event.[/quote]

it was the shizzzzzle. real eye opener. some great techniques from james