Progressive/chillout/tech house Finishedd!

Only Youu by DeanKenny

anything you have to say bout it lads would be appreciated :slight_smile:

sounds good dean, pretty driving at points which I like and dark too which again I like, sounds a little empty however, maybe thats just cause its not my style but I think maybe it could do with some fx’s, such as sweeps etc? maybe even a snar or a bit more in the hi end… again maybe that just because I’m tuned to trance but to me sound like it could do with as little more in theses areas. Over all I like it, the dark driving edge it has is good :slight_smile:

thanks man, i thought that myself about the emptyness, but i couldn’t think of how to fill it! like there is a bass and main synth with a lot of percussion! i was thinking a nice pad or hi strings but i can never make them properly!

wat you think?

thanks for listining!

[quote]deanmau5 (28/09/2010)[hr]thanks man, i thought that myself about the emptyness, but i couldn’t think of how to fill it! like there is a bass and main synth with a lot of percussion! i was thinking a nice pad or hi strings but i can never make them properly!

wat you think?

thanks for listining!

[/quote]

humm initial thoughts are add more to the hi end, this always fill up my tracks when they sound empty. When I say hi end I mean like rides, clicky stuff, hi hats in unusual places work well in the right part of the tune. Try paning them with delays and some reverb etc, I think that would sound nice, also maybe add filteres and bring them in and out etc. Just some ideas.

A pad could maybe add some more vibe to it on the right chord, but nothing to in your face, just nicely in the background, I tend to filter for this cutting below about 700hz and up to 3k, or there about with maybe a little side chain, reverb n pingpong delay… just some ideas for ya :slight_smile:

i like it, could do with some more elements and builds but the basic idea is good :slight_smile:

thanks lads, yeh its fairly simple, more percussion than synth! just thot id take a typical prog house melody and change it slightly…

Like it, well produced. Just needs one more wee riff…

any ideas for that? lik a diferent sound with same notes? or a stab?

mmm drum sounds are not working too well. your hats are too sharp. they not warm sounding. theres also too much volume on some of the instruments. the track doesnt gell together. the frequency on the kick is too sharp. anyway, thats some of the down falls. making pro tunes takes time, so just keep going, thats all i can say.

[quote]deanmau5 (30/09/2010)[hr]any ideas for that? lik a diferent sound with same notes? or a stab?[/quote]

If it were my tune, definitely some sort of high-end background pumping ambience, I’d say that would fill much of the empty space. Maybe more percussion elements ran through various processes, etc.

thanks a lot lads ill take it all into consideration

Alritee lads i think i remade this track putting in all your suggesions so tell me what yo think!!1

Dean Kenny - Only Youu (Re-Ediit) by DeanKenny

anyyyyyone??lol