Progressive house

A track I made while doing one of the tutorials on SA. As always, I will be grateful for your feedback.

1 Like

Hey there @adamsid

Sorry for the delayed reply :confused:

It’s a nice track IMO :+1:

Like the melodic elements and the overall song structure works for me.

A few suggestion and what I liked less in this one :

• Everything synths is slightly overpowered comparing to the drums, you might want to readjust the levels or get those drums a bit louder.

• I would definitely layer several claps ( one adding a bit more low end ) and also add reverb to give a bit more live and emphasis to the clap.

• It can then be used during the drops with a more drastic reverb effect even delay or repeating claps - Something like what you did at around 5:22 but even more pronounced.

• More drastic transition for the drops like taking out everything, then repeating claps through reverb and then bring back everything for the full drop. Silence is golden sometime :laughing:

It could be done around 1:33 and also at 4:35 to improve the drop.

• Not a big fan of the noise glitches during the intro, found them too loud and with too much low end, it should just be “ears candies”, it’s more subtle around 3:34 and works better.

• Would experience with a shorter Kick or one with more transient that would cut more through the sub pad bass.

• More variations for the drums, but again it’s a bit behind other elements now, so you might want to readjust levels before.

Hope this helps and sorry again for the delayed feedback.

Cheers :sunglasses:

@Tekalight

Thank you, as always really appreciate the feedback. I’ve had a listen after a few days with fresh ears and can certainly see merit in your comments. A few things to work on the next time!

1 Like