Psy-Trance or Hard Trance Tutorial

Nick Sentience, Eskimo, Astrix, Quadra, Electro Sun tutorial…?

- YouTube

Nick Sentience - Light Years - YouTube

- YouTube

- YouTube

System Nipel vs Electro Sun - We Can Fly - YouTube

- YouTube (a good one)

Going from my last thread (I’ll meet you halfway Jon) - could throw a hoover or two :wink:

Eskimo - Balloonatic Part 1 / My Rave - YouTube

Eskimo - Escape The UK - YouTube

bump :cool:

Psy trance would be good, it’s a very technical style of production, i really believe we could learn a lot from it.

I didn’t get into Psy-Trance until Hard Dance DJs started producing and playing it more often in their sets, the more complex techniques are used in a variety of genres and can be applied just about anywhere, especially with regard to complex synth, vocal techniques etc.

Leaning towards the trance, hard dance side of things I’d lean to Nick Sentience, Quadra and Eskimo but there’s other artists out there under different genres who produce material along these lines in terms of technique.

Far Too Loud are a good in terms of breakbeat and as above, Infected Mushroom (a little bit of everything with these guys).

I wouldn’t be fussed in any way is a tutorial on Psy-Trance specifically ever cropped up but would love to see something focused on the production techniques (regardless of genre)

:cool:

Try this mate.

Atriohm:

[url]Atriohm --- Shimer dose - YouTube

[url]- YouTube

Galactic Monkey:

[url]- YouTube

EVP:

[url]Holographic Consciousness - E.V.P - YouTube

a wee bit fresher for the Psy scene;)

what you want to know, I’ve been making Psy for yonks, PM me I’ll see if I can help!

[quote]craicaddict (10/29/2009)[hr]Try this mate.

Atriohm:

[url]Atriohm --- Shimer dose - YouTube

[url]- YouTube

Galactic Monkey:

[url]- YouTube

EVP:

[url]Holographic Consciousness - E.V.P - YouTube

a wee bit fresher for the Psy scene;)

what you want to know, I’ve been making Psy for yonks, PM me I’ll see if I can help![/quote]

Cool examples. As you mentioned you’ve been producing for a long time, have you considered putting yourself forward to SA as they are looking for content creators to do some tutorials?

:slight_smile:

[quote]have you considered putting yourself forward to SA as they are looking for content creators to do some tutorials?
[/quote]

not really mate tbh.  Psytrance seems to get a lot of stick here in Belfast even though all the nights that are put on are bunged out so I’m really not that sure if there’s a real demand for one or not.  As you can hear it’s a pretty diverse genre in its own right from the twisted nighttime of Atriohm & Triplag etc through to the Israeli handbag and the classic Goa sound.

In that sense it’d be pretty hard to do a “Psy” tutorial.  Besides, there’s no money playing to crusties in a muddy field, is there? Only joking but if you are serious, the Psy community is really supportive of new producers and willing to give you tips etc. Get yer Google out mate.

I think Psy-Trance is popular enough, you just don’t see it mass publicized like other genres and there is defiantly a good market for it. I can only speak for some events in London and overseas though. A few in London I did had Psy-Trance right through to Hard Dance all in one night so I got the best of both worlds.

Nothing wrong with a muddy field now and again lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t really searched for any psy-trance communities to sign up to yet but will

defiantly give the Google a search when I get time though. Especially as you say they are very supportive.

Cheers :slight_smile: