Question about the Justice tutorial

I’m fairly new to producing but I been using Ableton for about 2 years mainly to make mixed CD’s & mashups in Arrangement mode. All this time, Ableton was intimidating.

But just recently I found out about Sonic Academy through a YouTube video tutorial and that made my buy a 1 year membership on the spot!!! I finally found someone (Your Videos) to show me Ableton in a way that makes sense to me.

Anyhow, I did the producing in ableton tutorial and just finished the Justice one this morning. I learned a lot! However, I have a few questions.

How do I bring the Vocoder track into arrangement mode since there is no clip on it? I wanna lay out the entire track on arrangement mode so I can add more stuff to it.

I also wanna layout each drum track from the drums group into individual tracks just like on the session view but in Arrangement mode. How can I do this since there’s no clips?

Thanks, I hope this makes sense.

• Woody

hi woody

have a look at the first few fidget electro house tutorials

they show you how to bring your clips from session view to arrangement view!

let me know if this helps !

bry

Awesome! I’ll check it out. Thanks

Welcome to the site btw. If you ever need help with anything, just ask. We are all here to help one another.

I’ll answer ya question. The easiest way to do it is to just hit record and then play the whole scene. This will record everything to arrangement view as well as drop it in to the right place. You will notice that the only places that it records if its midi, is where theres midi notes. Another words, if you did everything in Impulse, and then seperated out the kick, snare, etc etc. It will only show a recorded midi clip in the Impulse slot, you can automate the other tracks though to do what you like regardless of the lack of midi. Because your automating the audio signal.

Raymond