Quick question about sendin to labels

soorry incase this has already been asked and answered but i had a huge list of labels demo adresses in hotmail to send my songs too but then realized that most labels sign stuff off soundcloud now but i dont wana individually search all the labels then send them a track in the dropbox cos that will take agessssssss… any solutions?

Unfortunately it does take some time, some labels are happy to receive tracks via email, but others won’t even listen to the track if you don’t follow their procedures. Ie: Label website upload or soundcloud.

I’d love to tell you there was quick easy way, but there isn’t really.

so how do u do it? email or just search a load of labels on soundcloud?

[quote]deanmau5 (07/11/2010)[hr]so how do u do it? email or just search a load of labels on soundcloud?

[/quote]

I don’t think email blasting is a good strategy, it really doesn’t show you in a good light.

I’d try to find 10 labels that you would want your track to be released on and find out who are the bosses or people responsible for signing and just email/phone them with a bit of personal touch.

[quote]seanl (07/11/2010)[hr][quote]deanmau5 (07/11/2010)[hr]so how do u do it? email or just search a load of labels on soundcloud?

[/quote]

I don’t think email blasting is a good strategy, it really doesn’t show you in a good light.

I’d try to find 10 labels that you would want your track to be released on and find out who are the bosses or people responsible for signing and just email/phone them with a bit of personal touch.[/quote]

Yeah I agree with this, if you can’t find anything on their website about how to deliver the demo to them, then just email them asking them what the best way of getting a demo to them is.

They normally mail you back with details, this can be either a soundcloud, their own ftp, or even they may be happy for you to send them a sendspace link, every one is different so it’s important to ask then first if you can’t find out.

Be personal with them, they are less likely to have an interest in an artist who is just mail bombing 100s of labels.

its annoying though… i went to send a track in the dropbox of a label but the warned that there must be a download link for the mp3… so i assumed thats wat all labels want so i added it to the track then i asked another label would they be interested and they said no simplely because i made it downloadable wtf? and should iuload the full track to soundcloud or just a demo?