Radio & Phone Effects for Mac

Hi! :smiley:

I have problems finding a good radio & phone effect (Au) to mac.

Do someone have some tips of good ones? Would help me alot with a track i am making :slight_smile:

Take care and thax.

// www.soundcloud.com/brote-dj

grab an eq low cut up to around 1khz maybe bit more and cut the top down to around 2.5khz

compression and bit crush maybe a little tight delay or filtered reverb will all work well

if you use a reasonably high q on the eq it will raise the level of the frequencies between the cut area

thanx for the tip. I know also they have some effects that are cool with this type of different settings.

Dont remember the name of them and think also they are for pc users.

But i will for sure try this.

Maybe you have a tip of a good sample library with vocals/vox. They dont need to sing. i just take smaller clips for minimal techno. talk etc

What Jon said basically, also try adding some crackle or vinyl hiss, just to give it some character.

[quote]brote (08/03/2010)[hr]thanx for the tip. I know also they havesome effects that are cool with this type of different settings.

Dont remember the name of them and think also they are for pc users.

But i will for sure try this.

Maybe you have a tip of a good sample library with vocals/vox. They dont need to sing. i just take smaller clips for minimal techno. talk etc[/quote]

don’t know of any plug-in that is designed for this effect, not sure if i have any vox but i’ll have a look a bit later for you

Audioease Speakerphone?

Thanks for the posts on this thread - I’ve found them all really useful. Thanks! :slight_smile:

[quote]howiegroove (08/03/2010)[hr]Audioease Speakerphone?[/quote]

Yes thats the one :slight_smile: lookes like its for mac also. but i will try the tips first but this lookes like a cool vst.

[quote]brote (08/03/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/03/2010)[hr]Audioease Speakerphone?[/quote]

Yes thats the one :slight_smile: lookes like its for mac also. but i will try the tips first but this lookes like a cool vst.

[/quote]

The reviews say its amazing…

[quote]howiegroove (08/03/2010)[hr][quote]brote (08/03/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/03/2010)[hr]Audioease Speakerphone?[/quote]

[/quote]

The reviews say its amazing…[/quote]

I looked at the new stuff they have on speakerphone 2 and it looks really cool. I will check how much it cost. Thanx again you all for the help.

I will be back for more tips soon for sure :slight_smile:

Take care.

its costs $149, looks exactly what you want but i’m sure you’ll get the results you need from playing around with your plug-in setting for 20 mins

[quote]jon_fisher (09/03/2010)[hr]its costs $149, looks exactly what you want but i’m sure you’ll get the results you need from playing around with your plug-in setting for 20 mins[/quote]

Yeah I totally agree.

I guess it depends if:

A: You got the money to burn

B: You’re lazy

[quote]roben (09/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (09/03/2010)[hr]its costs $149, looks exactly what you want but i’m sure you’ll get the results you need from playing around with your plug-in setting for 20 mins[/quote]

Yeah I totally agree.

I guess it depends if:

B: You’re lazy[/quote]

Right, however it might be good to have just in case you dont want to impede your workflow. Remember that many people want an easy way to do glitching and microediting, when in fact the best way is to do it long hand.

[quote]howiegroove (09/03/2010)[hr][quote]roben (09/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (09/03/2010)[hr]its costs $149, looks exactly what you want but i’m sure you’ll get the results you need from playing around with your plug-in setting for 20 mins[/quote]

Yeah I totally agree.

I guess it depends if:

B: You’re lazy[/quote]

Right, however it might be good to have just in case you dont want to impede your workflow. Remember that many people want an easy way to do glitching and microediting, when in fact the best way is to do it long hand.[/quote]

totally agree but when it comes to glitching im yet to meet a producer that can come anything close to glitch when programing manually