Rating settings not saving ( 3rd party Presets Bank "DRIP" / ECSW )

Hi - I’ve recently installed a third-party preset pack into ANA 2. It’s running without any problems. I have all of my presets tagged with stars using the ANA 2 browser’s rating system but the ones on this preset bank are not being saved - ie: I can tag them in a session but once I close down ANA 2 and then re-open, the tags are gone. It’s only happening with this bank but it’s happening consistently (I’ve made a separate list of the ratings!). What’s going on?

Hi there @LigetiFan

Could be due to the file permissions settings ( especially on MacOS ) since ANA2 needs to have “Write permission” to your presets, but also the presets structure and their location.

If this 3rd party presets pack doesn’t come with an installer then you’ll have to manually install those presets and rely to the install information given by the 3rd party ( assuming they give you the right instructions :wink: ).

All our presets packs come with a built in installer taking care of this for you.

What I suggest is to place your entire 3rd party folder in the matching DLC folders and not the USER folder.

Hi - thanks for your reply. The package is “Drip” from Echo Sound Works: it comes with an installer and it has installed into the DLC folder. You may still be right about permissions, I suppose (though I would have thought the installer would take care of this): is there a “right” way to fix them if that’s the case? Otherwise are there any other possible reasons?

The old Batchmod could help with permissions if you’re on a Mac ( not sure if it works on Big Sur though ).

You drop another preset bank folder onto Batchmod, check the permission settings and then drop the Drip folder and replicate the settings and save.

For other possible reasons, I’m not sure. I remember Shane from ESW posting something about this a while ago on our FB group I believe, so this one was done with version 2.0.94 and they may need to update it for ANA 2 v2.0.98.

Is their Skin working BTW ? Because that’s another issue with 2.0.98 and older skins, the new fx devices in v2.0.98 require additional skin components that are probably missing unless they updated it.

But OK? skin is an extra thing I believe, try out the permission stuffs 1st but in the end I think you should put a word via email to the guys at ESW and let them know about this & the skin :wink:

You can point them to this topic as well if you wish, forums are on a public access for reading.

Thanks so much for persevering: the Batchmod Drip drop did the trick. The skin HAS been working for me since installation. I will send a message to ESW re permissions, though, and I’ll mention that others have reported skin irritation.

1 Like

No worries & thanks for the update :wink:

Good to read that you managed to fix this via the permission :thumbsup:

• The skin did work ? You’re running v2.0.98 of ANA 2 yourself ?

→ What happen if you use a new effect inside ANA 2 like “Convolution” or “Dual Delay” and display the effect section of the GUI : aren’t you missing anything ? ( unless they updated the skin, those effects were added with 2.0.96 ).

i.e with “Convolution” effect you should see this, you may end up with missing stuffs if their skin isn’t up to date.

No, you’re quite right: these things are missing when using the ESW skin. I have let them know.

Ratings definitely saving, though - Thank you!

1 Like