Really Weird Ableton Problem

So this is quite possibly the most bizarre problem i’ve ever experienced in Ableton ever… period.

Everytime i click something its making the noise of a piano key, and i mean anything, not a keyboard. Just the clip launch, play, midi map button. Its totally random and not at all consistent. This is the most bizarre problem ive ever had.

No its not a cracked version. and no im not on crack.

HELP

Are you running any effects or sends?

select the Midi section at the top right of your screen so that everything hi lights blue, next goto tha left hand side of ableton and press the arrow. this should open up midi mapping section and show you if you have accidentally mapped your mouse to anything

here’s the part thats weird as beans. the only effects i have running are two eq threes and two low pass filters. Its a really simple dj template for my college radio show so there arent even midi instruments that it could be mapped to. Agh thanks for the input guys I appreciate you guys trying to lend a hand. This might be a job for ableton tech support

a friend of mine asked if you had msn or aim running at the same time as ableton? he’s not a ableton user but he used to get the same problem when he had reason and msn running at the same time.

if you do try turning the sounds off on your instant messenger :slight_smile:

[quote]jthomas (9/29/2009)[hr]

Everytime i click something its making the noise of a piano key, and i mean anything, not a keyboard. Just the clip launch, play, midi map button. Its totally random and not at all consistent. This is the most bizarre problem ive ever had.

[/quote]

Weird

Are you using Windows?

And is the sound actually coming from Ableton or is it coming from an operating system sample?

[quote]krome (10/1/2009)[hr][quote]jthomas (9/29/2009)[hr]

[/quote]

Weird

Are you using Windows?

And is the sound actually coming from Ableton or is it coming from an operating system sample?[/quote]

lol i was then coming on SA to suggest that