Recommendations for a portable DAW (laptop-based) running Cubase (5 for now)

Hi everybody,br
br
I’d just like your 2 cents when it comes to a portable DAW running Cubase 5 (for now, but I might consider upgrading sometime soon if I feel the need to). By portable, I mean it should be laptop-based. I’m open to the possibility of going Mac, but I need to be looking at prices first and foremost. I’m considering sticking with a laptop running Windows for now however, considering I do things OTHER than music production (part-time, work-related stuff for income) and need to keep this in mind (the fact that a laptop running Windows might be better suited towards this than a Macbook running OS X). I also might want to play the odd game or 2, so I think that should also have to be kept int mind (I hope this won’t clash with its use for sound however).br
br
Regarding what I’ll be doing, for starters, I’ll mainly just be recording, editing and mixing guitars for the time being (hobbyist). IDEALLY, I’d like for this system to be quite FLEXIBLE however (in case I need to do work (whether paid or unpaid) of various kinds; basically anything ‘sound’, portable and non-portable). So I should be able to expand upon the “only being used for guitar recordings for now”, possibly in the near future.br
br
I know there are couple of threads that have dealt with this question in the past, but I’m not always sure they’re concurrent with the latest technology that is out there at the time of this writing.br
br
Any advice perhaps? Or articles? Recommendations?br
br
Any help would be MUCH appreciated!br
br
Thanks!

[quote]Juan Doe (05/08/2015)[hr]Hi everybody,br
br
I’d just like your 2 cents when it comes to a portable DAW running Cubase 5 (for now, but I might consider upgrading sometime soon if I feel the need to). By portable, I mean it should be laptop-based. I’m open to the possibility of going Mac, but I need to be looking at prices first and foremost. I’m considering sticking with a laptop running Windows for now however, considering I do things OTHER than music production (part-time, work-related stuff for income) and need to keep this in mind (the fact that a laptop running Windows might be better suited towards this than a Macbook running OS X). I also might want to play the odd game or 2, so I think that should also have to be kept int mind (I hope this won’t clash with its use for sound however).br
br
Regarding what I’ll be doing, for starters, I’ll mainly just be recording, editing and mixing guitars for the time being (hobbyist). IDEALLY, I’d like for this system to be quite FLEXIBLE however (in case I need to do work (whether paid or unpaid) of various kinds; basically anything ‘sound’, portable and non-portable). So I should be able to expand upon the “only being used for guitar recordings for now”, possibly in the near future.br
br
I know there are couple of threads that have dealt with this question in the past, but I’m not always sure they’re concurrent with the latest technology that is out there at the time of this writing.br
br
Any advice perhaps? Or articles? Recommendations?br
br
Any help would be MUCH appreciated!br
br
Thanks![/quote]br
br
Once you go MAC - you’ll not go back… (that’s a saying right?)br
br
Seriously though, - get a macbook pro. get the best spec’d one you can afford. You can always run it in bootcamp mode if you really want to boot into windows for whatever reason. - However i’d imagine after some time you will forget all about windows - and be glad you did.br
br
The reason i say this for me personally is the stability of the OSX operating system. Very rarely will i have to spend the day fixing something i don’t remember breaking in the first place. - the same cannot be said for my windows machine, where i spend more time debugging than i do anything else.