Recreating the bassline from Justin Martin - Dont Go (Dusky Remix)

Hi everyone, Just thought you might be interested to hear that I managed to get a pretty close emulation of the bassline in Duksy’s remix of Dont Go. I recently read an interview with Dusky where they said they primarily use Logic’s onboard synths, so I was playing around in Logic with the EMF1 because I figured they might have started from a preset…turns out it’s one called "Dark Attack Bass"br
br
Dusky’s favourite music software | MusicRadarbr
br
Here is my effort, their bassline plays first for one bar, then mine plays for a bar, then they alternate in the same order. Not a bad attempt I dont think! br
br
Zippyshare - Dusky Bassline Emulation.mp3br
br
How to do it:br
br
The preset is called “Dark Attack Bass” in Logic’s EFM1 synth. First I changed it from Legato to Mono. I turned the “fm depth” down a tiny amount, and turned the large “fm” knob in the middle up a bit, I also increased the decay on the modulation envelope a tiny amount. Modulator Pitch I turned up a bit.

Yeah first time i heard a dusky tune i knew that was the synth they where using, they use the same bass sound on every tune

also i found, its easy to do in massivebr
br
use 2 sine waves send the phase modulation to it and your there.

I really like the bassline sounds you used in your tunes Olly.br
br
I don’t have access to Logic so can’t view this preset - so this preset uses 2 sine waves that are modulated with FM synthesis right? i.e. Osc 1 being modulated by Osc 2?br
br

doesnt matter which one you modbr
br
so set osc 1 and 2 to 0 pitchbr
set you phase mod to +12 pitchbr
the set a env to the mod amount this controls the pluckbr

[quote]michaellpenman (13/06/2013)[hr]doesnt matter which one you modbr
br
so set osc 1 and 2 to 0 pitchbr
set you phase mod to +12 pitchbr
the set a env to the mod amount this controls the pluckbr
[/quote]br
br
Hi Michael,br
br
Thanks for the Info. I’ve just got Massive and i’m a novice user so far. br
br
Could you do me a huge favour? A little more info or a screen shot would help massively.br
br
Thanks in advance.br
br
Keith

try this preset pack http://bit.ly/12lMdIp and preset bass sauce

Here is a how to video showing you how to make a dusky style bass sound.br
br
Click HERE

Really good tut Michaell, thanks./PP[quote]michaellpenman (14/08/2013)[hr]Here is a how to video showing you how to make a dusky style bass sound.BRBRClick HERE[/quote]

Glad you liked them :slight_smile:

This sounds great!!! You should create more of this.

More videos?br
What would you look to learn?