Req: How to make EBM / Futurepop / Synthpop

esp. VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, Assemblage 23, DAF, Neurotic Fish, Seabound for EBM Futurepopbr
Vince Clarke, Depeche Mode, Mesh etc for Synthpopbr
br

old post kickbr
br
+1!

A great way to practice arrangement is find a professional song that you like the sound of and put it in an audio track in your own mix and just follow how they set up their builds and drops and breaks and what not. br
br
cheers

I would love a futurepop tutorial too, especially considering the new releases from bands like mind.in.a.box, Neuroticfish, X Marks The Pedwalk, etc. Really creative stuff that represents a modern, contemporary take on a genre that had honestly become a bit stale.br
br
A tutorial on a track similar to this would be really interesting: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvRoouprxD4]No Hope - YouTube
br
There isn’t much info on how to make futurepop online. Tom Shear from Assemblage 23 had his blog for a while, but then he stopped updating it (though you can still access it). Aside from that I haven’t really found anything of value.br
br
As for EBM, it’s a bit sad that this genre has more or less been forgotten (or even worse, that most electronic music producers haven’t heard of it at all), especially considering how fundamental it was for the development of electronic dance music. Without bands like Front 242, Nitzer Ebb and really the whole Belgian EBM/New Beat underground scene in the 80s, modern electronic dance music would not have been what it is today.br
br
I would say that the bassline in Nero’s “Satisfy” (which this site has tutorial on) is highly EBM influenced though, and then you have Gesaffelstein, who basically makes 21st century EBM, but aside from that there’s not much of interest coming out these days.br
br
Anyway, it would be cool if we could at least create a thread on this forum to discuss the genres, share production techniques, etc, even if we don’t get a tutorial.

+1 – yes please, would love a tutorial for EBM / Future pop, especially VNV Nation.

[quote]Zenstation (11/04/2015)[hr]and then you have Gesaffelstein, who basically makes 21st century EBM, but aside from that there’s not much of interest coming out these days…[/quote]br
br
you could even say that Gesaffelstein (as well as Anthony Rother) are a fine continuation of the best Kraftwerk tradition.