Resampling?

I’m obviously really new to production…lol. I’m not understand the point of resampling, what is it supposed to do?

If I understand your question - resampling your own sounds has a few advantages such as layering sounds and also it may help your cpu

resampling is also a technique to make a sound, be completely different/unrecognizable from the original. taking an ordinary bassline and making it sound as though satan is speaking to you is something that you get from resampling. ie, dubstep.

there have been a LOT of requests/questions regarding dubstep/skrillex/basslines lately…

in the posts that I have read from Datsik & Excision, this is how they get their crazy dubstep basslines. in order to “know” what your doing and be good at it. it will take 100s if not atleast a 1000 hours in the studio playing with it.

basically resampling expands your sound library by infinity.

you can resample high mid low from 1 synth. and high mid low from another synth…

then layer the 2 with an instrument rack or just layer them together. aboslutely crazy sounds from this.

I’m new to production too but here is what I’ve concluded…

Resampling allows you to save on CPU usage when you have tracks that are using a lot of plug-ins and also thicken up your sounds so they sound bigger and more full.

Perfect example of this is if you watch the “How to Remix in Ableton” Tutorials. Also, check out tech tip 6. there is a tech tip on resampling

[url]http://www.sonicacademy.com/Producer/Course//Tech_Tips_-_Volume_6.cid3847[/url]

Thank you guys, and i actually am trying to produce dubstep lol. I have no clue about anything within the music production process. I haven’t been spinning long either but i thought id give both of them a try.

[quote]DJ Hyph-E (21/11/2010)[hr]Thank you guys, and i actually am trying to produce dubstep lol. I have no clue about anything within the music production process. I haven’t been spinning long either but i thought id give both of them a try.[/quote]

resampling is essential for quality & unique sounding dubstep.

[quote]UnitedVision (30/11/2010)[hr][quote]DJ Hyph-E (21/11/2010)[hr]Thank you guys, and i actually am trying to produce dubstep lol. I have no clue about anything within the music production process. I haven’t been spinning long either but i thought id give both of them a try.[/quote]

resampling is essential for quality & unique sounding dubstep.[/quote]

IMO its also probably one of the hardest genres to make because of how complex all the sounds are…

[quote]J.HiZ (08/12/2010)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (30/11/2010)[hr][quote]DJ Hyph-E (21/11/2010)[hr]Thank you guys, and i actually am trying to produce dubstep lol. I have no clue about anything within the music production process. I haven’t been spinning long either but i thought id give both of them a try.[/quote]

resampling is essential for quality & unique sounding dubstep.[/quote]

IMO its also probably one of the hardest genres to make because of how complex all the sounds are…[/quote]

agreed!