Revisited, reworked and mastered!

Hey gang,

Some of you that were here in the beginning of the year may remember i posted about a track i’d made called ‘Pillow Talk’.

Well today i’ve spent reworking it and making it better, infact i’d changed sh*t loads and with the help of the mastering tutorial i’ve also mastered it! :smiley:

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

It’s a progressive house track and you can listen to it here:

http://www.djroben.com

Thoughts? :smooooth:

Well done Roben, heard your track a while ago without the mastering -and what a difference! It was a nice track before but sounded a bit flat, now it’s very well rounded and wide!

/cheers!

Thanks mate, I really do appreciate and value all comments and thoughts. It only makes us better doesn’t it :slight_smile:

I was really surprised when i went back into the track because i hadn’t EQ’d all the sounds in the spectrum so they didn’t gel and the sub actually was clogging loads, so i changed the Sub and midi pattern to co-inside better with the bassline, EQ’d everything, changed the hats, improved the snare and also some other small parts, added more effects, worked the levels, then followed Phils wicked mastering tutorial to really help bring everything out.

I thought there was a significant improvement, I was thinking i’ve not go any better this year, but after looking at the standard i was producing at earlier in the year to what i am now it’s really motivating to know that I am slowly improving and getting better with time.

Thankyou once again buddy!!

I’ll give this a blast when I get home as myspaz is blocked at work.

Question though - do you EQ every individual element or just some. I find my mixes to be really muddy but I don’t EQ too much, I think maybe that’s why

[quote]bouffont (4/15/2009)[hr]I’ll give this a blast when I get home as myspaz is blocked at work.

Question though - do you EQ every individual element or just some. I find my mixes to be really muddy but I don’t EQ too much, I think maybe that’s why[/quote]

I only EQ if i feel like i need too, i always low/band/hi pass most elements though. It’s important to do this because there can be unheard sound that can really muddy things up. Ie: there is no point having any low end on a part that is on the mid-high frequency and etc.