Rise Up's with Reverb/Delay/Filter (No FX)

hello, I’m confused and I never know which type of Reverb and Delay to chose and how to automate them to get this type of “Rises”

I’m speaking of:

50secs to 1min

1.35min to 1.45min

5.20min to 5.50min

I’m using Live 8

So on what parameters should I do the automation and which Reverb (short decay/long etc… and which delay; simple… how much feedback) should I go with

thx all :slight_smile:

I didn’t listen to the track but what your talking about it totally dependant on what you want to achieve. The key is to be creative but also use it to fit the track. Different producers automate different things but again it’s totally dependant on the track. Just experiment

yeah, that’s why I posted this track, I’m interested on how it’s done in this one at the times I said above…

any tips?

noone knows…? :cry:

Sounds like a room or hall reverb and the wet being automated more and more towards 100%.

Where as on 5.20min to 5.50min they are pitching up the stab whilst pushing it all through the reverb

cool thx roben

what about the delay… isn’t there any? if yes how is that one automated?

appreciated :slight_smile:

I don’t think they’re automating the delay on it, sounds to me like it’s just a fast decay, it’s the automation of the volume and reverb along with the stabs (with delay on it) which are doing the rise.

Best thing to do is just play around with your automation till you get something you like the sound of.

To me the 5.30 riser sounds like a pitch shift as Roben said, with a subtle increase in the reverb.

As for the delay in there, it sounds similar to the what Phil did in his riser Tech Tip on here, increasing the intensity of the gain in the LFO section, if you automate it carefully you should be able to get the same effect. If not just run the sound through an aux delay and automate the wet value and reflections to taste.

[quote]roben (28/05/2010)[hr]I don’t think they’re automating the delay on it, sounds to me like it’s just a fast decay, it’s the automation of the volume and reverb along with the stabs (with delay on it) which are doing the rise.

Best thing to do is just play around with your automation till you get something you like the sound of.[/quote]

Are there Videos with automation on the fly in Cubase ?