SA History

I happened to be sitting in my car tonight, after a wonderful night if drinks with my old time friends, and couldn’t help to wonder: where did SA come from?

It’s a wonderful website which has taught me a lot, but I can’t find anything about where it originated. I would love to hear who created it, why was he/she/them inspired to do so, how they started it, and how has it evolved?

I can see it is still a young website, but I feel it has made a difference in a significant number of lives and there would be enough people interested in hearing (or reading) about how it came to be.

Forum posts from people who know about it would suffice (although it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you guys added a link to a more in depth history in your ABOUT section:P).

Just curious.

Dom is official historian - He’ll let you know soon I’m sure :smiley:

[quote]ICN (27/08/2011)[hr]Dom is official historian - He’ll let you know soon I’m sure :D[/quote]

It was created by Graham Ginty but there was an uprising from the younger members of the board who decided that beards and chequered shirts didn’t fit their ‘aesthetic’ They put him in a ferry with a one way ticket and now he wanders the streets of liverpool busking.

Once upon a time some guys called Kev, Graham, Phil and Bryan got together over a few pints of Guiness, they discussed on their pro skillz and how they’d like to try making some cash from it.

They created a website and a forum and put a few ads out, myself, egg2, jon, howiegroove seen and heard the call and joined the forums.

The rest is history.

[quote]dom_moulton (27/08/2011)[hr][quote]ICN (27/08/2011)[hr]there was an uprising from the younger members of the board who decided that beards and chequered shirts didn’t fit their ‘aesthetic’ They [/quote]

:smiley:

[quote]Roben (27/08/2011)[hr]

They created a website and a forum and put a few ads out, myself, saw and heard the call and joined the forums.

The rest is history.[/quote]

And it went down hill from then :D:P:w00t::hehe:

Haha so what I’m getting from the story is two things: founders of this website love Guiness and a good sense of fashion. Maybe a Tech Tips on how to dress up for music production is coming up in the future?

[quote]slender (28/08/2011)[hr][quote]Roben (27/08/2011)[hr]

They created a website and a forum and put a few ads out, myself, saw and heard the call and joined the forums.

The rest is history.[/quote]

And it went down hill from then :D:P:w00t::hehe:[/quote]

hahahah

[quote]slender (28/08/2011)[hr]=

lolol pretty much after you signed up broo! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]UnitedVision (29/08/2011)[hr][quote]slender (28/08/2011)[hr]=

lolol pretty much after you signed up broo! :P[/quote]

I like to play my part :wink:

I blame slender / ICN :stuck_out_tongue:

I blame FXpansion Guru / Geist

(Hello Angus / Google Alerts :stuck_out_tongue: )