SA Record Label

Why not? :Wow:

We’ve discussed this before, I’ve always thought it would have been a good idea to be honest. Perhaps the boys don’t really have the time, which is fair enough, I’d rather SA content than a label.

Maybe with this new course, where they mix and master peoples tracks, the chosen tracks should get put out on an SA label

Yeah we actually have set it all up with beatport etc.br
br
its really just a case of resources at the mo… we have been sorting out the new studio and all the graphics and video stuff over the last while to streamline content production for new shows.br
br
we have a small site revamp to finish, New plugins to make old plugins to update.br
br
We really want to create a good system for the label. where its very much a community project. br
br
We have had something in the works for a while but other stuff just took over… we will defo get it going again.br
br

Phil, if you’re interested, I’d be keen to get involved with this and help out - would be good experience for setting up my own label in the future!br
br

I would love to set up a label.br
br
I would happily put peoples music out for nothing if I thought it was good. All money goes to the producer. More of a hobby.

to me its the logical next step for SA

Yeah, it would be a great route for SA. I think you would get subscriptions based on this opportunity alone!

I used to be assistant manager for Born To Dance records so if you need any help Phil i’m more than happy to be part of the team and involved in any way.

I’m a couple of days late, but Phil, this is a great idea! I’m glad this project is in the works, and as some others have said, I’m willing to help in any way I can.br
br
A few ideas:br
br
As for the “community” aspect, you could choose a pool of the SA teams favorite tracks you are reviewing and have the SA community vote on their favorites! Or even better, use the SA community as a voting “prescreen” for submitted tracks so no pure junk “waste of time” tracks even reach you, only what the whole community regards as a quality track no matter the genre. Might help make some tough decisions, save time, and relieve indecisiveness among the SA team. Would kinda be tough to balance the overspreading of an unreleased track and do correctly, but it’s something to think about and build on!br
br
Another idea- use the Sonic Academy YouTube channel as a promotional channel for newly released tracks or even previews to tracks like other successful electronic music promotional channels on YouTube. SA’s solid reputation as a channel would only grow and expand.br
br
I’m sure the SA team has discussed something along these lines already, but I thought I’d pop an idea by you, Phil. I have a ton of other ideas, but my post is already long and boring enough as it is!br
br
This “community” aspect you talk about could very well shape to be a new breed of record label and an extremely effective method not only for music but for business as well!br
br
br