SA Tutorial Resources license free?

can we put a song we made with the resources given with the tutorials, make the song sound different and put it on a record label?

or are the resources for instructional purposes only?

the samples are free to use in your own songs… the actual song bits aren’t so you’d have to change them.

[quote]phil johnston (22/11/2010)[hr]the actual song bits aren’t so you’d have to change them.[/quote]

**** phil that means i owe you big for that prog house release on toolroom i just had.

[quote]Jon_fisher (22/11/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (22/11/2010)[hr]the actual song bits aren’t so you’d have to change them.[/quote]

**** phil that means i owe you big for that prog house release on toolroom i just had.[/quote]

where theres a hit theres a writ!

[quote]phil johnston (22/11/2010)[hr]the samples are free to use in your own songs… the actual song bits aren’t so you’d have to change them.[/quote]

so basically my song would have to sound totally different than the one in the video? which is cool cause when i watch these tutorials i always do things that i will like, not exactly as descrbed in the video. i just use the vids as more knowledge that i should know when it comes to making music

It would have to be not exactly the same… If you used all the same sounds and played different melodies that would do. It’s a massive grey area and we arent going to start sueing people cause their track sounds like the tutorial… It’s kinda the point.