Sampler for use with Cubase

So I’ve done a little searching but didnt really find anything.

I’m looking for a sampler VST for use with Cubase.

I want to use some percussion as a bass line, so I need to be able to change the note of the sampler with piano roll or a midi keyboard, like when in ableton, you drop it into simpler and transpose and you change the note with midi.

I know there is Halion and native instruments kontakt but they are pricy for what I wanna do.

I dont think drum samplers can do this like battery or guru, not sure about giest.

So whats best?

If you are still using ableton why not re-wire ableton with cubase and use the sampler in ableton.

:cool:

Groove Agent will do what u are asking for . :wink:

[quote]alinenunez (21/04/2011)[hr]Groove Agent will do what u are asking for . ;)[/quote]

really? how? I can map it to a single key but if I change note it plays another pad. I’m looking for the sample to change pitch in line the with the key change…

I’m also using battery.

groove agent doesnt have envelope parameters

i went to mess with the decay on a drum sample one day and realised the option wasnt there

rewire it mate - look at the ableton into cunase thread for instructions

i followed them and managed to get it working!

then use sampler or drum racks or whatever 

[quote]chekka (21/04/2011)[hr]groove agent doesnt have envelope parameters

iwent to mess with the decay on a drum sample one day and realised the option wasnt there

rewire it mate - look at theableton into cunase thread for instructions

i followed them and managed to get it working!

then use sampler or drum racks or whatever[/quote]

are u saying that the Groove Agent volume envelope doesn’t work ? or doesn’t have one ?

ok so i wnet looking again and its the amplifier box yeah?

sorry dunno what i was thinking :blush:

[quote]gofunk (21/04/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (21/04/2011)[hr]Groove Agent will do what u are asking for . ;)[/quote]

really? how? I can map it to a single key but if I change note it plays another pad. I’m looking for the sample to change pitch in line the with the key change…

I’m also using battery.[/quote]

Groove agent have a tune knob. u can use to tune the key u want . u just drop the sample on the pad and just play with the envelopes and pitch knob to get used it

[quote]alinenunez (22/04/2011)[hr][quote]gofunk (21/04/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (21/04/2011)[hr]Groove Agent will do what u are asking for . ;)[/quote]

Groove agent have a tune knob. u can use to tune the key u want . u just drop the sample on the pad and just play with the envelopes and pitch knob to get used it

[/quote]

no no no, you all completly missing the point. I know I can tune it but I want to be able to change note, like from C to A to F# on my keyboard and for the sample to stay in tune with the note I’m playing, like when you put a sample in simpler. Not just tune it and play it on a single key like what groove agent does when playing one of its pads.

Wayne you crack me up. Honestly I had to look it up cause I never used a sampler specifically in Cubase…

But now that I think about it… I really did.

HALion 2 can be used as a sampler.

Just import the audio file that you want to sample into Halion and your problem is solved.

google dude! took me 3 seconds to find the answer.

Wayne is trying to say that he wants to map a sample out chromatically… so the sample raises in pitch from C3 onwards, as an example.

Is that right?

Does cubase not have something that will do that?!

[quote]UnitedVision (22/04/2011)[hr]Wayne you crack me up. Honestly I had to look it up cause I never used a sampler specifically in Cubase…

But now that I think about it… I really did.

HALion 2 can be used as a sampler.

Just import the audio file that you want to sample into Halion and your problem is solved.

google dude! took me 3 seconds to find the answer.

[/quote]

Cubase only comes with Halion one, or at least mine does… and you cant put samples into it.

ICN Yeah thats what I’m wanting to do, and it looks like it dosent unless you pay more!

Edit:

UV. read my 1st post, already searched, a little at least! :wink:

This might help ya so!

[url]http://www.uvisoundsource.com/uvi-workstation/article_info.php/articles_id/8[/url]

Basic - But I think it’ll do that job. 

I think it can… cant fully remember :smiley:

I have halion 2. tried it on my lunch break. works like a charm.

i literally searched “Cubase Sampler” into google and clicked the first post wayne.

but yah ICN, wayne is looking for something like simpler/sampler in cubase.

just sayin :wink: lolol but its all good! ICN’s def onto something there with his suggestion.

[quote]gofunk (22/04/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (22/04/2011)[hr][quote]gofunk (21/04/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (21/04/2011)[hr]Groove Agent will do what u are asking for . ;)[/quote]

[/quote]

no no no, you all completly missing the point. I know I can tune it but I want to be able to change note, like from C to A to F# on my keyboard and for the sample to stay in tune with the note I’m playing, like when you put a sample in simpler. Not just tune it and play it on a single key like what groove agent does when playing one of its pads.[/quote]

ohhh k. well Groove Agent is a very simple sampler for drums. it doesn’t have a chromatically key assign like simpler… U might need to get Halion 3 . wich is an awesome sampler but way to expensive. also there is free sampler like Shortcircuit.

the lack of a proper sampler might be the reason why many people turned to Ableton . still for me is not a big deal since i work with straight audio

[quote]UnitedVision (22/04/2011)[hr]I have halion 2. tried it on my lunch break. works like a charm.

i literally searched “Cubase Sampler” into google and clicked the first post wayne.

just sayin :wink: lolol but its all good! ICN’s def onto something there with his suggestion.[/quote]

well I type in cubase sampler and I get:

In need of a sampler - Cubase - Future Producers forums

Free sampler plugin that works with Cubase? - Gearslutz.com

Sampler for Cubase… Should I stay with Kontakt? [Archive …

etc etc

so u must be on a different google :wink:

like I say mine only comes with halion one, no import…

regardless, I must say, I am loving cubase, I’ve taken to the key commands like a duck to water and for some reason its making me think a lot more and do thing better. for some reason I feel rushed with ableton. I also tried sonar x1 which was a load of piss imo. but defo gonna stick with cubase for a while, once I’m up to speed with it I’ll be trying ableton rewire. maybe something to do with the fact I started with reason back in 2002 or something. I seem to be able to organise thing in cubase much better for some reason as well. :slight_smile:

[quote]gofunk (22/04/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (22/04/2011)[hr]I have halion 2. tried it on my lunch break. works like a charm.

just sayin :wink: lolol but its all good! ICN’s def onto something there with his suggestion.[/quote]

well I type in cubase sampler and I get:

In need of a sampler - Cubase - Future Producers forums

Free sampler plugin that works with Cubase? - Gearslutz.com

Sampler for Cubase… Should I stay with Kontakt? [Archive …

etc etc

so u must be on a different google :wink:

like I say mine only comes with halion one, no import…

regardless, I must say, I am loving cubase, I’ve taken to the key commands like a duck to water and for some reason its making me think a lot more and do thing better. for some reason I feel rushed with ableton. I also tried sonar x1 which was a load of piss imo. but defo gonna stick with cubase for a while, once I’m up to speed with it I’ll be trying ableton rewire. maybe something to do with the fact I started with reason back in 2002 or something. I seem to be able to organise thing in cubase much better for some reason as well. :)[/quote]

yah there seems to be more space to work in cubase than say ableton. I prefer cubase on multiple monitors though. Using it on 1 is a pain. I did the electro house tutorial in cubase and it taught me how to use it pretty well…

the only thing that sucks from cubase is that doesnt have a sampler. but it have the best tools for Audio Editing out there.

Wayne,

I don’t think this solves your problems but I learnt a few things in this presentation. He starts talking about Halion SE at about the 1 hour mark.

Lucky me UV, I have 2 screens both in 1080p :slight_smile: loads a work space