Sebastian "ross ross ross"!

Hey electroatic! Good to hear from you - how you doing?

As always, I’m being a bit slow on the uptake, so I apologise for the questions in advance!

When you say about having a load of clips in a single audio track, do you mean channeling them into a single track or physically having loops etc cut up in different clips? And finally, when you mention grooves, does this mean you’re using Ableton 8? I’m still on 7 but very tempted this month to bite the bullet and go for the upgrade. Is it worth it do you think?

Thanks very much in advance (again!) for the advice - and I’d love to see a video on how you did this. Nice track by the way! :slight_smile:

Hey Wicked, I’m great, thanks for asking!

The track above is literally only two channels.

1. a simple 808 kick drum.

2. An audio channel with over a hundred individual clips in it.

I’ll put together a simple vid showing the track above and showing a few of the tricks used in it.

hello

very good one !

do you apply a groove in ableton?

if yes how do you do that ?

thx

Great thread. Thanks to those with the tips, did the videos ever get done?

This has given me new inspiration. Thanks again.

[quote]electroatic (10/28/2009)[hr]Hey Wicked, I’m great, thanks for asking!

The track above is literally only two channels.

1. a simple 808 kick drum.

2. An audio channel with over a hundred individual clips in it.

I’ll put together a simple vid showing the track above and showing a few of the tricks used in it.[/quote]

A vid showing the track would be wicked. Beat SA to it as its been ages since the last tutorial zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nice work Electroatic. I would definitely like to see a tutorial on that technique.

All everyone needs to do is do all the patterns for each individual track, write all your midi in. Get a nice sounding track, bounce it down to audio and the two key elements that everyone misses when they are talking about Pedro Winter’s Label Ed Banger is

1. Over Compression

2. Resample stuff you’ve recorded and bounced to audio

then the crucial part -

Stick It Through Audioease Speakerphone . . . .

Thats all it is, nothing to do with Synths, obviously they do a lot of sampling but they Resample and Resample and thats what makes them the dirtiest group of producers out there in the world! :wink:

By god i hope they don’t go for a bath for a long time! :wink:

this is very interesting I hope to see a video on how u sampled and resampled the original source…

This would be a KILLER tutorial

Compressors are the greatest source of good results!

Something that confuses me - and forgive me with this as I’ve asked it elsewhere but still don’t really understand it! - is exactly what you do during resampling that is different from simply putting the original tracks through a series of effects. Is this simply a process that helps reduce CPU load, or is there something that I should do whilst resampling to get that super-crushed sound? Something that can’t be done by simply channeling a load of tracks through a compressor bus, for example?