Sebastian "ross ross ross"!

can you sound like “ross ross ross” Sebastian SebastiAn | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos ?

this is man is very talented! if you can show a part of his technique secrete i’ll be really surprised coz i really don’t understand his working method.

slice and groove

ross ross ross is something i would definitely like to learn how to create as well.

+1. This is exactly the kind of music I’m into at the moment, and would love some guidance on how to get that whole layered sound effect these fellas get.

Haha, no way, I literally logged on here to suggest a SebastiAn HTSL. I know that you guys did the French Electro House tutorial but this guy is just on another level with sampling within loops.

I really like this tune as well, it’s a remix Sebastian did of the Kills tune Cheap and Cheerful it’s not as mental as Ross Ross Ross but is still pretty sweet

- YouTube

So yeah a HTSL or mini tutorial on getting this sound would be sweet!

Also I would quite like to go into more detail about beat repeats but the Justice HTSL kind of skips over it a bit quickly and it is really something I want to make a lot more use of.

Same here :slight_smile: this style of music is fascinating

Does it fall under French Electro/Breakbeats ?:smiley:

nah mate, it simply comes under really ***** good!! (but yes something like french electro house). His stuff is just so…dirty, i love it. But yeah lets have some SebastiAn HTSL SA!!!

Great shout, cant get enough of quality french house.

Surkin also!

Its just a question of mix and not a question of sampling to sample like him all you need is a good sampler(he dont use kontakt) i have the same of him and i can tell you one think its just awsome to sample you just need good shot and to use bank sound but the most of fx in the track of sebastian are not from the music (movie effect closed door pitched in ross ross ) after all you need is to be very very good in sampling (detunes pitch) he use a lot of pitch effect.

About the mix its simply a good punchy mix(satured snare breakbeat punched(mid bass oriented EQ)

If you search you can find a realy good sampler to make the same touch but of course its a question of style too.

the most used sample in the french electro (justice,sebastian other. … .) are from 50s to 70s and the synth from 70s to 90s all you need is a retro style and a punchy mix and a good musical culture…

ok for your hypothesis

The questions are :

Which sampler?

How can you insert that amazing groove with those bunches of short sample shots?

All his tracks got amazing groove whit his samples! how is he proceeding?

Is there a groove function in that sampler ?

I saw him ones in France just before an ed bangers party he told me that he use “cubase…that’s all” :s would love to ask him more but couldn’t.

thx for your reply buy the way

slice and groove

[quote]mounir (10/9/2009)[hr]Its just a question of mix and not a question of sampling to sample like him all you need is a good sampler(he dont use kontakt) i have the same of him and i can tell you one think its just awsome to sample you just need good shot and to use bank sound but the most of fx in the track of sebastian are not from the music (movie effect closed door pitched in ross ross ) after all you need is to be very very good in sampling (detunes pitch) he use a lot of pitch effect.

About the mix its simply a good punchy mix(satured snare breakbeat punched(mid bass oriented EQ)

If you search you can find a realy good sampler to make the same touch but of course its a question of style too.

the most used sample in the french electro (justice,sebastian other. … .) are from 50s to 70s and the synth from 70s to 90s all you need is a retro style and a punchy mix and a good musical culture…[/quote]

Hey mounir, thanks for the tips - I’m definitely going to try this out. I’ve got Ableton’s Sampler. Do you think this would be a good enough sampler?

It would be great to see you putting together a track using the techniques you’ve suggested. I’m going to be really cheeky and ask if there is any chance for you to put together a little tutorial video? I’m only really an intermediate and would love some guidance on this style and technique.

About the sampler : http://www.prorec.com/Portals/1/Blog/Files/2/315/WLW-SampleTron_B041-image_thumb.png

Just try and you will se how to get the groove…

About a tutorial i can do one but i dont have micro so you will just see how i do whitout advice.

Say me if you still i will do one tutorial.

About the sampler of ableton he are perfect for this.

About the Sample tron you can cut every song you like and sample loops shot what you like a movie a soundtrack a simple shot you can buy a lot of bank electro retro sound about the synth you have a lot to make a sound like him like UNIQUE or VOGUE the best :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,

Mounir

Mounir, I would love to see a vid on this, mic or no mic - you are a star! I’m going to give it a go using the advice you’ve already given. Thanks again with the help on this - look forward to the vid!

Cool work i added you on myspace :slight_smile:

I gonna make the video tutorial on fruityloops(already started project)

Great stuff - thanks mate! I got the add on MySpace - I like the track you’ve got up there. Is there anywhere I could listen to the full length version of it?

Hey guys, forgetting the actual sampling of material for a minute…

I have found a method that I think works when attempting to produce this type of track.

Reason is my main sequencer so I will describe my technique in Reason but you can apply this logic to other applications.

1. Having collected your samples / fx etc, i load an instance of the Redrum drum machine.

2. Go about programming a jacking, funky drum pattern using standard drum samples (don’t worry about the sound of the drums just the feel of the rhythm imagining where you might put your samples in the rhythm)

3. Once I am happy with the pattern I select EDIT > Copy pattern to track

4. De - select the ENABLE PATTERN SECTION on the Redrum

5. I now open the Regroove mixer and route the output from the Redrum to channel A1 in the arrange page.

Select the pre - align button as this quantizes the information on the way in making it easier for the Regroove machine to apply groove and shuffle accurately. At this point leave the Regroove channel OFF.

6. Now, highlight the Redrum and select INITIALIZE PATCH from the edit menu.

7. Now, bearing in mind the pattern you have created, click the load sample button on each individual channel on the Redrum, inserting each sample where you think it works.

8. Get creative with the parameters on the Redrum, adjust the pitch, shorten / lengthen sample time, change the tone or start time, whatever you think works. Switch ON the A1 Regroove channel and mess around until you get something which feels right for you.

9. Create another instance of Redrum and alt - drag the original pattern from the original Redrum track to the new one.

10. Now initialize the patch and build a drum kit using whatever samples you choose making sure that the drums don’t interfere too much with what is going on in the other Redrum as most of the groove will come from there.

SIMPLES!

Well, maybe not, I AM seriously over simplifying the technique but this is a good practical way to approach this type of arrangement.

A good way to take things to the next level would be to create multiple tracks for each Redrum and sending different sounds to different channels / amounts of shuffle in the Regroove mixer.

I know a lot of you guys won’t be using Reason but it should be possible with most drum machines in other sequencers such as Ultrabeat in Logic or NI Battery.

Not exactly a how to sound like but hopefully i’ve been of use!

Cheers,

Charlie.

Good advice charliecharles - I’ll definitely try it.

Hey to make this famous tutorial i will need a free programme to capture anyone know where i can download this ?

And about the track on my myspace is not released yet (next week you must wait)

You can get my last chill out remix here : http://www.4shared.com/file/140579057/3b22d966/J10_-_Coral_Reefs__MouN1R_Remix_.html

The original : - YouTube

Feedback and tell me if that good :wink:

Are any of these any good?

[url=http://www.topshareware.com/screen-capture-video-record-osx-platform/downloads/1.htm]Screen Capture Video Record Osx Platform Free Download

Any luck yet with that vid, mounir?

Actually in Ableton, you don’t even need to bother with the sampler.

Just use a million different Clips placed in a single audio track.

Of course, no one said you are limited to using only one audio track, and there is no restrictions on the sources of your clips.

And Grooves can easily be provided by Creative Side-Chaining.

Here is a Basic Demonstration of what you can do with clips in a single audio track:

French Sample House Example by Spacegate

This is a track I’ve been working on off and on and started out as mostly an experimental piece to figure that old Le Knight Club sound. Its unfinished so it ends a bit abruptly.

If your all interested, I could make a vid sorta giving an overview of the track currently and maybe do a little warping and sidechaining to a different sample source.

BTW, heres the song i used as a sample source: