Send Your Demos!

[quote]howiegroove (08/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (08/07/2010)[hr]Most labels do % deals, if your in it to make money you wont, its all about building a big name for yourself, & getting out there djing, best thing to do is set up your own label, that way you can control what you put out yourself, without people take % of you.

Just a thought…

Paul[/quote]

Im very very familiar with the industry Paul. Unfortunately, I don’t have the resources to DJ(connections) or start up a label(time). However, I can make a little bit of money off of releases. In the end, if thats what makes me happy, then thats what im gonna do. And I’m truly happy making great music and making a little bit of money on the side.

Thank you for your concern though.[/quote]

Fairplay dude, tough business to crack, at end of the day we all want our music to be heard by as many people as possiable, making a career out of it would be the icing on the cake.

[quote]paulh (09/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (08/07/2010)[hr]Most labels do % deals, if your in it to make money you wont, its all about building a big name for yourself, & getting out there djing, best thing to do is set up your own label, that way you can control what you put out yourself, without people take % of you.

Just a thought…

Paul[/quote]

Im very very familiar with the industry Paul. Unfortunately, I don’t have the resources to DJ(connections) or start up a label(time). However, I can make a little bit of money off of releases. In the end, if thats what makes me happy, then thats what im gonna do. And I’m truly happy making great music and making a little bit of money on the side.

Fairplay dude, tough business to crack, at end of the day we all want our music to be heard by as many people as possiable, making a career out of it would be the icing on the cake.[/quote]

No harm no foul. Nothing wrong with getting some gear off of a song you just released, huh?

One thing that I will say though, is that a % is great if the Label owner promotes the tracks that they release. There are TONS AND TONS of tracks that come out on Beatport every week. What does the label owner do to promote the tracks? Thank you for your response by the way.

I suppose the best thing would be to start your own label with a few like minded friends, not that I would have a clue where to start

[quote]howiegroove (10/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (09/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (08/07/2010)[hr]Most labels do % deals, if your in it to make money you wont, its all about building a big name for yourself, & getting out there djing, best thing to do is set up your own label, that way you can control what you put out yourself, without people take % of you.

Just a thought…

Paul[/quote]

Fairplay dude, tough business to crack, at end of the day we all want our music to be heard by as many people as possiable, making a career out of it would be the icing on the cake.[/quote]

No harm no foul. Nothing wrong with getting some gear off of a song you just released, huh?

One thing that I will say though, is that a % is great if the Label owner promotes the tracks that they release. There are TONS AND TONS of tracks that come out on Beatport every week. What does the label owner do to promote the tracks? Thank you for your response by the way.[/quote]

We try to promote our releases all the time through myspace, Forums, Podcats, Sending promos to big names, etc. if your track is good enough, people pay attention to it. just create your own style, and don’t try to make tracks fast, take your time. it’s better one great track than a lot of sh*t. :wink:

Kind Regards,

www.coolwaverecordings.co.cc

www.cristianmarin.co.cc

[quote]cristian_marin (10/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (10/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (09/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (08/07/2010)[hr]Most labels do % deals, if your in it to make money you wont, its all about building a big name for yourself, & getting out there djing, best thing to do is set up your own label, that way you can control what you put out yourself, without people take % of you.

Just a thought…

Paul[/quote]

One thing that I will say though, is that a % is great if the Label owner promotes the tracks that they release. There are TONS AND TONS of tracks that come out on Beatport every week. What does the label owner do to promote the tracks? Thank you for your response by the way.[/quote]

We try to promote our releases all the time through myspace, Forums, Podcats, Sending promos to big names, etc. if your track is good enough, people pay attention to it. just create your own style, and don’t try to make tracks fast, take your time. it’s better one great track than a lot of sh*t. :wink:

Kind Regards,

www.cristianmarin.co.cc

[/quote]

What are Podcats? :hehe:

Thats the distant cousin of the Thundercats! :hehe:

Lmao, Podcats are go

[quote]howiegroove (11/07/2010)[hr]Thats the distant cousin of the Thundercats! :hehe:[/quote]

lol :w00t:

“Real” photo from Google Images:

[quote]ICN (12/07/2010)[hr]“Real” photo from Google Images:

[/quote]

Thats just ghey

[quote]ICN (10/07/2010)[hr][quote]cristian_marin (10/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (10/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (09/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/07/2010)[hr][quote]paulh (08/07/2010)[hr]Most labels do % deals, if your in it to make money you wont, its all about building a big name for yourself, & getting out there djing, best thing to do is set up your own label, that way you can control what you put out yourself, without people take % of you.

Just a thought…

Paul[/quote]

Kind Regards,

www.cristianmarin.co.cc

[/quote]

What are Podcats? :hehe:[/quote]

hahah, i’m sorry. i don’t know english too much… i wanted to say “podcast” :P:D

[quote]howiegroove (12/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (12/07/2010)[hr]“Real” photo from Google Images:

[/quote]

Thats just ghey[/quote]

Yeah… think it came from the States originally - Probably San Francisco - Y’know what they’re like there! LOL