Seriously please you need to do this

i know there will be someone here gonna say you have to do this resample that and all that,but seriously if i know that i wouldnt be here,would i ? i think many of us here really wanna get inside tips on how these all basses are done looks like skrillex has took his basses to another level,so please i will do anything if onlu you could make a series from scratch on how to make the foundation till u resample eqed and sub it,please this a request of my life :smiley:

please if any one feel the same then please share the tracks you are currently into

dudeā€¦ have you even look at the glitch-step house tutorial? ā€¦ Itā€™s something very similar to skrillex , duh

it sounds like blazin beaver wants an exact skrillex bass made. he wants to know what synths or setup/oscillators that skrillex is using to get those particular sounds.

i know heā€™s already done the glitch step house tuts :wink:

and the person heā€™s referring to is me, cause my tip 2 him in the past was to resample :hehe:

its a little funny to me, because I donā€™t think that you will ever be able to recreate an EXACT bass that skrillex makes because itā€™s almost impossible to know how many times he sampled something. excision & datsik have been known to resample basslines a dozen times before they actually use them.

either way. if somebody shows how to make ā€œexactlyā€ a skrillex bassā€¦ Iā€™ll watch! :smiley:

Cool - YT Search box in the middle of those Vids! :slight_smile:

I dunno if u saw this but theres a good tutorial on how to build massive skrillex basses here :

How To Produce Massive Skrillex Basslines - YouTube

its not quite a whole track but worth a look

its good that your requesting this but in all honesty you need to stop asking and start experimenting but here let me help you redirecting you to some tutorials i found really useful in the past or recently

[Resampling, Layering, Foley Sounds]

[url]Bass resampling tutorial part 1/3 (granular synthesis) - YouTube

[url]Bass resampling tutorial part 2/3 (Macro automations) - YouTube

[url]Bass Resampling part 3/3 (layering) - YouTube

[url]Trifonic: Layering Your Way to Awesome Bass Lines - YouTube

[url]- YouTube

[NI Massive]

[url]Trifonic: Synthesis with NI's Massive - Part 1 - YouTube

[url]Trifonic: Synthesis with NIs Massive - Part 2 - YouTube

[Dubstep Forum]

[url]Skrillex, Borgore, heavily processed bass : explained! - Dubstepforum.com

I recently bought a mic and have been recording weird **** and got and MPD to make ti easier to make some glitch and more fun :smiley:

i dont want exact skrillex bass,and yes there is actually the same bass i made from watching and reading,nailed on scary monster varunbeaver@hotmail.com ask me and i shall send it to you to see for yourself,what i wanna know is how to create the foundation and then apply effect and then resample,if you all can do then maybe make a video and teach me,i am begging ps.for the scary monster bass i didnt even resample and i got close to about 90 percent so i think sometime resample is not a must,so if someone really know then please teach but if u dont know then maybe ask for it i think phil can help us cause he is really good at what he is doing.

[quote]blazin_beaver (06/04/2011)[hr]i dont want exact skrillex bass,and yes there is actually the same bass i made from watching and reading,nailed on scary monster varunbeaver@hotmail.com ask me and i shall send it to you to see for yourself,what i wanna know is how to create the foundation and then apply effect and then resample,if you all can do then maybe make a video and teach me,i am begging ps.for the scary monster bass i didnt even resample and i got close to about 90 percent so i think sometime resample is not a must,so if someone really know then please teach but if u dont know then maybe ask for it i think phil can help us cause he is really good at what he is doing.[/quote]

Just Know that there are many ways of doing something and re sampling isnā€™t usually processing a sound by splitting the frequencies and adding effects its also recording the sound to save cpu but i get where your coming fromā€¦are you asking for the sound developing side of it? or shaping your sound with effects?

yep,cause i know that skrillex may not be resampling at all i think its all the effects that are processed little after little and then after that he maybe just resample the whole patter and then chop them and re-arrange them,so if phil is reading this i think a tutorial on basslines will be fun cause it will be happy for electro-complextro heads too cause in a modern music i heard this kind of technic is what every pro are doing,so if i gets my head around this maybe i can make sounds like skrillex,excision doctor p ,porter robinson and whats not,so please if another reply is a you need to resample this that or u can not achieve it then how did skrillex do it ?

[quote]blazin_beaver (06/04/2011)[hr]yep,cause i know that skrillex may not be resampling at all i think its all the effects that are processed little after little and then after that he maybe just resample the whole patter and then chop them and re-arrange them,so if phil is reading this i think a tutorial on basslines will be fun cause it will be happy for electro-complextro heads too cause in a modern music i heard this kind of technic is what every pro are doing,so if i gets my head around this maybe i can make sounds like skrillex,excision doctor p ,porter robinson and whats not,so please if another reply is a you need to resample this that or u can not achieve it then how did skrillex do it ?[/quote]

lol he did it by resampling dude! they go over this a million times.

if you donā€™t believe usā€¦ try asking this question on dubstepforum.com and see what you get.

im sure you could search the forums and see the same responses there as well.

You are already there with the process man! You got it in your post.

[quote] i think its all the effects that are processed little after little and then after that he maybe just resample the whole pattern [/quote]

resampling is exactly what you just posteD in the quote above! all the effects are added & processed a little bit at a time. adding new ones each time that you resample. it is a cycle that you rinse & repeat multiple times. from there sometimes you can chop just little pieces and then resample the slice or you can do the whole sound again. Iā€™ve seen responses from datsik & excision on how they do it and they are doing this cycle of adding FX and tweaking sounds each time they resample. thats the definition of resampling.

i learned how to resample watching the TECH TIP 6

ā€œcreating a thick bassline by resamplingā€

http://www.sonicacademy.com/Producer/Course//Tech_Tips_-_Volume_6.cid3847

Maybe this whole things should be settled on a tutorial on how to resample Skrillex , Excision Datsik etc. style basses. Just talking about it is not gonna do much until we see it in context.

[quote]Skylight (06/04/2011)[hr]Maybe this whole things should be settled on a tutorial on how to resample Skrillex , Excision Datsik etc. style basses. Just talking about it is not gonna do much until we see it in context.[/quote]

Sonic Academy already DID a tutorial on this topic. i posted it in my previous post.

ā€œcreating a thick bassline by resamplingā€

http://www.sonicacademy.com/Producer/Course//Tech_Tips_-_Volume_6.cid3847

AND in the glitch step house tutorial they explain return tracks, distortion & resampling again.

the glitch step house tut is def showing me how to get those basslines, but if you watched that and still dont think its right maybe try to not resample and just automate certain parametersĀ on theĀ track you would normally resample, butĀ after that glitch step tut ive been using resample and finding i can get things done quicker and it doesnt seem to use as much cpu power. one thing i would like to see is a closer look on what he does with the vocal parts, hopefully it is in the next few vids i need to watch in the glitch step house tutorialĀ 

also guys try layering your bass sound or granulize some sounds (foley) and layer it with your bass and and effects to make them glue

[url]http://i.min.us/imF6B0.wav[/url]

i made that growl by layering a my cat yawn + Phone vibrating on wood + Water drop then recording that then running it through a granulator and recording and moving parameters with my MPD hen adding some effects

i might layer it with a bass tone later and see what i can do

Experiment and have fun try many different things

When you resample and your full sound is redlining should you still resample it!?! it sucks when you get this full sound and its redlining like a tonā€¦ are you losing quality??

[quote]Skylight (08/04/2011)[hr]When you resample and your full sound is redlining should you still resample it!?! it sucks when you get this full sound and its redlining like a tonā€¦ are you losing quality??[/quote]

make sure when youre adding effects your not adding too much! my dry wet goes to a max of 20% on certain effects if i ever use effects

still i got better at making basslines,i guess a tutorial focusing on all kind of basslines maybe like how to add effects,building foundation and then resampling the kind of technics that maybe doctor p ,skrillex,downlink,excision and everyone else i really wanna see this tutorial since really that dubstpe tutorial wasnt really helpful much,i want more like a sort of brostep type tutorial :):smiley:

Okay ill keep that in mind cause from the tutorial the push it right up to the db line with limiters utility etc. of course once you resample it one a saturater will bring it right up there. ill keep that in mind about the dry/wet signal.