Side Chain Reverb Lead Sound - Faithless Style Tech Tip (cubase 7)

Dear All,br
br
It will be deadly awesome if someone could me explain in simple words: br
How to make a side-chaining or ducking effect when the Leads presets are playing on Cubase 7. br
br
I’m not talking about the usual side-chaining through the 4/4 kick drum pattern. br
br
I’m talking when the main Lead (EDM) is playing the big reverbs goes behind. I’ve found 2 examples on youtube but for Ableton and Logic only… and I couldn’t find the way to replicate it on Cubase 7 ?br
br
When I process the ducking effect on my Lead, the result is: the compressor play on each note of my Lead means my lead disappear on each note… as results I only hear the reverb. br
br
I couldn’t find the way to hear my sound upfront… right on the face -) br
br
Here’s a good example from Sonic Academy of what I’m talking about:br
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kAhxE3duQbr
br
Many many and many thx guys for your help and advice.br
br
God Bless You

Sorry mate but I don’t use Cubase however I would have thought that you can create a group or mix channel (bus) and send whatever sounds you want to it. That’s the channel you’d put the reverb and the sidechain on. Then it’s only ducking the reverb tail and not the main lead instrument.br
br
I’m pretty sure that in the new techno tutorial from Sharooz on here he uses a mix bus. That should help you see how to set one up perhaps?

Create a new FX channel track with your reverb on it (100% wet), then send your lead channel to the reverb FX track - what you will hear is the usual lead sound with reverb. Add the Steinberg compressor on the FX track after the reverb. Open the compressor and in the top row of buttons (where the on/off, bypass, etc. options are) one of the options will activate the sidechain (looks kinda like a square with an arrow pointing in it). Once you’ve turned that on go to you lead track, and under audio sends set up a new send directed to “side-chain - [whatever the FX channel is named]”. This will make the compressor listen to the lead and not the reverb.br
br
With that set up you can then play with the compressor settings so that it ducks the reverb when the lead sounds but releases in the note gaps.br
br
You need to have the full version of Cubase I think in order to have access to the side-chain options.