So what is the hottest productions techniques at the Moment?

after checking Beatport latest Charts I noticed ,that most of the Tracks that had reached top 10 in the BP Tech house . use as lead the percussion, and they use a very minimal Musical riffs, or chords.

nowadays tracks just sounds like a a Drum pattern with few percussion hits and a chord playing usually something catchy alongside the bass.

IMO this latest Tech House tracks starting to sound like early 2000. Danilo Vigorito , Marco Carola , Ben sims, stuff. only with steroids.

every time i try to follow this technique i keep trying to add more Musical elements and I pretty much just fills the Freq espectrum leaving no room to my percussion . :frowning:

how many Musical elements do you think this kind of track should have? ( after the Drums , Bass and Percussion?)

can u post a link to an example?

There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.

Yeah I can see what you mean by it sounding like the 2000’s it’s very reminiscent of dave clarke and umeks sort of stuff.

I think it’s all in the sidechaining here, by the sounds of it, everything is “locked in” so to speak. The chords will be using a trigger not from the kick but another rhythmic trigger.

If you want to try and get this sound, focus on gating and filtering return signals, all sidechained to something that gives a nice pumping feel.

[quote]jonsloan (14/08/2011)[hr]There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.[/quote]

:laugh:   I have to skim through so many tracks on sites like Beatport to find anything I really like.  So many of them sound like the same loop for the whole length of the song.  The groove may be nice, but I can’t listen to just that for 7 minutes.  I need something else injected into the mix to spice it up.

[quote]JayD3 (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (14/08/2011)[hr]There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.[/quote]

:laugh: I have toskim through so many tracks on sites like Beatport to find anything I really like. So many of them sound like the same loop for the whole length of the song. The groove may be nice, but I can’t listen to just that for 7 minutes. I need something else injected into the mix to spice it up.[/quote]

Just because a track is high up on beatport doesn’t mean that its a good track, or has hot production techniques. The hottest production techniques in general are what guys like dahlback, michael woods, angger dimas, and hardwell are doing imo

[quote]P-Shot (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]JayD3 (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (14/08/2011)[hr]There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.[/quote]

:laugh: I have toskim through so many tracks on sites like Beatport to find anything I really like. So many of them sound like the same loop for the whole length of the song. The groove may be nice, but I can’t listen to just that for 7 minutes. I need something else injected into the mix to spice it up.[/quote]
Just because a track is high up on beatport doesn’t mean that its a good track, or has hot production techniques. The hottest production techniques in general are what guys like dahlback, michael woods, angger dimas, and hardwell are doing imo[/quote]

Agreed.  These guys do put out quality tracks/remixes.

[quote]P-Shot (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]JayD3 (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (14/08/2011)[hr]There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.[/quote]

Just because a track is high up on beatport doesn’t mean that its a good track, or has hot production techniques. The hottest production techniques in general are what guys like dahlback, michael woods, angger dimas, and hardwell are doing imo[/quote]

i agree they do have Great releases. but they produce more progressive house than tech house. there is so many great producers out there . but there is a sales chart for a reason.

might not be your cup of tea but IMO if you want to succeed in this overcrowded Market. you might wannt to implement techniques that made that track a top chart. . I agree most tracks are just very simple and might became boring . i dont know if you guys ever heard the early 90s Techno records. it used the same formula . and it was really loopy and became boring, but after you mix it 2 or even 3 records at the same time it all made sense ,why they used that formula to Produce . so i guess that formula still works nowadays . for some reason they have the most sales.

I have to admit it that i hated top chart tracks before, but i noticed that most of the time they have a formula how to work things. out .

take as example Joey Youngman AKA Wolfgang Gartner.and many other Producer who keep updating the way how they produce Music.

[quote]jonsloan (14/08/2011)[hr]There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.[/quote]

Yeah, a lot of tech house bores the crap out of me! They seem to be just the groove with a few synth or vocal stabs here and there … meh!

[quote]alinenunez (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]P-Shot (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]JayD3 (15/08/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (14/08/2011)[hr]There are an awful lot of really dull tracks there. Yes, they have a strong basic groove to them but I couldn’t see myself being interested for 6 or 7 minutes.[/quote]

i agree they do have Great releases. but they produce more progressive house than tech house. there is so many great producers out there . but there is a sales chart for a reason.

might not be your cup of tea but IMO if you want to succeed in this overcrowded Market. you might wannt to implement techniques that made that track a top chart. . I agree most tracks are just very simple and might became boring . i dont know if you guys ever heard the early 90s Techno records. it used the same formula . and it was really loopy and became boring, but after you mix it 2 or even 3 records at the same time it all made sense ,why they used that formula to Produce . so i guess that formula still works nowadays . for some reason they have the most sales.

I have to admit it that i hated top chart tracks before, but i noticed that most of the time they have a formula how to work things. out .

take as example Joey Youngman AKA Wolfgang Gartner.and many other Producer who keep updating the way how they produce Music.

[/quote]

i think you should concentrate on making music you love, than music you think will get in the charts. As long as your proud of it, who gives a sh11t! :smiley:

definitely man . i love to produce Music and i want to learn more . that is why i am so curious about **** like that hehehe .

You mean my music won’t get in the charts - damn :frowning:

My tip covers pretty much all of music production from the proffesionals and its just one word r repeated 3 times…

Modulation. Modulation. Modulation.

Is there a technique to create kick drums that appear to come from behind as well as infront? I know someone on here had a comedy post about wide kicks that someone from sonic academy exposed as a myth but how about a kick drum where the bulk of the sound is mono but a bright transient comes from the front and a wash of texture moves backwards behind the head in 3d stereo? Could a binaural process do this safely?

@Dom

Gave it a try myself:

-Duplicate the kick.

-For the first use a filter to take out the top and make that mono…

-For the second use a filter to take out the bottom.

-Duplicate it again the second one again (I used an audio effects rack, if your on another DAW you might need a completely new channel), but then push one fully to the left and the other fully to the right… Then delay one of them by about 5-10ms…

At the end I had a weird kick with two clicks though. But when you add other elements its not noticeable, the bottom end is still where you want it to be, mono and the high end was stereo…

You can maybe add shuffle to give it that backward forward texture feel? I might be off in what your looking for though…

[quote]MistroPain (20/08/2011)[hr]@Dom

Gave it a try myself:

-Duplicate the kick.

-For the first use a filter to take out the top and make that mono…

-For the second use a filter to take out the bottom.

-Duplicate it again the second one again (I used an audio effects rack, if your on another DAW you might need a completely new channel), but then push one fully to the left and the other fully to the right… Then delay one of them by about 5-10ms…

At the end I had a weird kick with two clicks though. But when you add other elements its not noticeable, the bottom end is still where you want it to be, mono and the high end was stereo…

You can maybe add shuffle to give it that backward forward texture feel? I might be off in what your looking for though…[/quote]

hmm, that doesn’t really sound like you are confident it’s a solution for me but what the hell, i’ll give it a go. Thanks for getting back.

I just dont get it why you need the kick to be wide in the stereo field. i am sure it will be a mess around 200 hz. as long as i know most of the kicks should be mono.

[quote]alinenunez (20/08/2011)[hr]I just dont get it why you need the kick to be wide in the stereo field. i am sure it will be a mess around 200 hz. as long as i know most of the kicks should be mono.

[/quote]

I dunno, maybe i’m mis-interpreting something but when i listen to modern sounding tracks there is a hyper wide sound… even on the kicks. my 3d sound idea is just to try and take this to the next level.