Some help needed fast

yeah dude. Get the mo pads. its worth it. Another thing too…you should really consider getting acoustic paneling. I thought it was bogus at first but man, did it make a difference.

[quote]gofunk (26/07/2010)[hr]Love them already! what a differents from the hifi speakers I was useing! Good buy me thinks. Thanks for the help :D:D[/quote]

Glad your enjoying then mate. They are powerful stuff! :slight_smile: I know when I set mine up the other week couldn’t believe the sound quality!

How come he is selling them anyway?

[quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]gofunk (26/07/2010)[hr]Love them already! what a differents from the hifi speakers I was useing! Good buy me thinks. Thanks for the help :D:D[/quote]

Glad your enjoying then mate. They are powerful stuff! :slight_smile: I know when I set mine up the other week couldn’t believe the sound quality!

How come he is selling them anyway?[/quote]

He had another pair he was upgrading to. Only got a wee listen to them yesterday as it was late but my other speakers where makeing the bass so lound it drowned out the kick - theses show the levels at a completely diffrent level (as they should) and I could tell right away re the quality.

Will get a chance to put them fully to the test when I finish work :slight_smile:

I’ve used some foam padding to make some temp sound absorbers too. wooden floors and really supprised how much vibration its taken out.

I am getting a really bad hissing noise from them tho., not sure why, I’m running via a djm 400 rca cables, not as bad when I take them out (rca cables) so think I need to rewire everything (plugs etc)

Wasnt hissing when I heard them at the guys house… any advice here?

See, this is why your better buying new appliances, especially when its speakers… You shouldn’t have to be messing about with them GF… Personally, if i had speakers from someone and they were hissing, they would be going straight back!

no they are fine when just hooked to my audio kontrol 1, its just with I link them to my DMJ 400… something to do with grounding I think. turn off the djm 400 and there’s no hissing… must be my DJM

[quote]gofunk (27/07/2010)[hr]no they are fine when just hooked to my audio kontrol 1, its just with I link them to my DMJ 400… something to do with grounding I think. turn off the djm 400 and there’s no hissing… must be my DJM

[/quote]

Hmm… I would think it would be your DJM400 then. I know when i link them upto my BEHRINGER DDX4000 i get no hissing… cant see it being a grounding issue thou… Do you get hissing from your older speaker?

You might find something useful in this thread http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/510848-cms65-monitor-hum-gets-louder-i-turn-up-vol-monitors-ground-loop.html

[quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]gofunk (27/07/2010)[hr]no they are fine when just hooked to my audio kontrol 1, its just with I link them to my DMJ 400… something to do with grounding I think. turn off the djm 400 and there’s no hissing… must be my DJM

[/quote]

Hmm… I would think it would be your DJM400 then. I know when i link them upto my BEHRINGER DDX4000 i get no hissing… cant see it being a grounding issue thou… Do you get hissing from your older speaker?[/quote]

no I didnt… humm… it does say in the manual for the krk sthat hissing can be caused by grounding issues if pluged into the same electrical circuit as other devices. Which the are because I dont have enough plug sockets in the room.

However I just truned down the vol on the back of them and turned the mixer up instead and fixed it… I’ll just need to keep that down I guess! (the benefits of working from home!) saying that I better get some work done!! :smiley:

Hah! Did you have them up on full on the back of the KRK’s? I just keep it on the normal volume level and use the volume levels on the mixes etc. Should probably keep it to that then :slight_smile:

had them at 0db, now at -30db…